Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

A hint to you, update you thread on ubuntuforums monthly at least. There is a lot of unseen, silent visits(verifiable only with Google Analytics inserted at your game site) coming from here. To check on that you just need a signature link to your site and what was said above.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarts View Post
    A hint to you, update you thread on ubuntuforums monthly at least. There is a lot of unseen, silent visits(verifiable only with Google Analytics inserted at your game site) coming from here. To check on that you just need a signature link to your site and what was said above.
    True, anyway, there's a lot of work going on. I'm doing a lot of graphical stuff and coding atm along with a mate I found thanks to starting this thread The gameplay started to take off, so version 0.1 is due in about one month. After that I'll focus more on doing PR on here and will also target new TBS/game related forums.

If any web coders want to keep an eye on the project and hopefully even help out with small patches, you're welcome https://github.com/FreezingMoon/AncientBeast
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

The 0.1 release was pretty successful. We've done quite a lot of work since the release to improve the game and even added a few more creatures. Looking forward to integrate more people into the project's development now as we move toward the 0.2 release.

Here's a gameplay screenie, you can play the game right from the official website www.AncientBeast.com
    AncientBeast.com - My free open source turn based strategy game project! Master your beasts!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Knight View Post
    Thanks a lot! Good luck!

It's rather sad that both our threads get buried fast underneath the huge amount of Minecraft threads
    especially when 99% of the Minecraft threads relate to known problems with known fixes in the forums...

That being said, damn that's some nice artwork! This looks cool!
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by holastickboy View Post
    especially when 99% of the Minecraft threads relate to known problems with known fixes in the forums...
    Yeah, kids need to learn about patience ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by holastickboy View Post
    That being said, damn that's some nice artwork! This looks cool!
    Thanks! I put so much time in this project, it's unreal. Hopefully more people will start helping out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I see I'm not able to update the first post with more stuff, meh.

Oh well, new creature, Chimera, was added in-game.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Been playing this game with best buddy about a week ago for like 6 hours and I've recorded 2 of the matches.
    Here's the first gameplay video... I don't see a nice way of embedding the video right into the post *sigh*

http://youtu.be/cAgf9hKGI3k

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The paypal donation page requires creating or having a paypal account.
    Is it possible to enable paying as a guest?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: AncientBeast.com - Free Open Source Game Project

Quote Originally Posted by KIAaze View Post
    The paypal donation page requires creating or having a paypal account.
    Is it possible to enable paying as a guest?
    Although I haven't yet specified in the donations page, it's possible to do so, when you click on a donate button you'll be taken to a PayPal page where you'll see something like:
    "Don't have a PayPal account?
    Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue" <- click on that, it's right to the left of the log in box http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9...lection514.png ^^
    Last edited by Dread Knight; January 24th, 2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added screenie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Mmh, I don't get that. Here's what I have directly after clicking the $ or € button on the donation page:
    Desk 1_178.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast