Page 38 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: NTFS with read/write support using ntfs-3g (easy method)

Quote Originally Posted by rogeriovinhal View Post
    None of the two repository options work with me.

The first one gives 404 not found error, and the last one gives 302 found (?) error.

Like this:

Code:
    http://givre.cabspace.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  302 Found
    And after that, no such package as ntfs-3g exists.
    Yeah it's because you use a 64 bit system, and i provide binary only for 32 bit.
    ntfs-3g on 64 bit is not officialy supported by his dev, but some people success in using it by recompiling the package. See my long post just thwo page before for more info on how to do that.
    WARNING : Post with explicit contents
    Join to "STOP monolithic all-in-one unmanageable application"
    The wiki is your friend https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

Beans

Oh yes, I noticed that right now...

But I need to compile also fuse and libfuse, right?
    But if I use the apt-get source to build it also, the 302 found error is back...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rogeriovinhal View Post
    Oh yes, I noticed that right now...

But I need to compile also fuse and libfuse, right?
    But if I use the apt-get source to build it also, the 302 found error is back...
    This repo is a pain. It appears that i choose the worst websoting ever
    i don't know what's wrong. i uploaded pmount with an other ftp-client and now it's work again, but apparently there is still some file it don't like
    try the other repo for the moment. It never fail.

Beans

Hunf, another problem now...

It wont make fuse packages with dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

Code:
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 827.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 829.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 838.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 845.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 853.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 827.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 829.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 838.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 845.
    print() on closed filehandle OUT at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-extract line 853.
    Cannot open POTFILES.in.temp for writing at /usr/share/intltool-debian/intltool-update line 628.
    Sorry for asking for every problem, but I tried a lot of things right now and none worked.

Beans

Just try it and it works well. You probably don't have the good dependency (but it should tell you that normaly...)
    Try that
    Code:
    dpkg-checkbuilddeps

Beans

Just to say ******* cabspace

Beans

I don't know quite well where, but it was a dependency problem, I just run it as sudo and everything went all right...

Beans

Okay, givre.cabspace.come is now working.
    I upoad everyting again with ncftp, and now all is ok.
    I don't know what was the problem, probably that cabspace don't like gftp

Beans

Hey, I've written up a guide on the wiki. Check it out here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ntfs-3g

Beans

You've done a great great work man
    I think you did it better than i could do because you correct some of my bad english, and your fstab.bak is something really usefull. I don't like your echo fuse | sudo tee -a /etc/modules > /dev/null, i prefer that the user edit it by himself so he now what he do and why and so he can remove it easily, but that's just my point of view.
    Anyway, thanks for that

EDIT:you copy one of my mistake in the news, i'll fix that

Page 38 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast