Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid (repost)

Beans

Thumbs down Re: HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid (repost)

Hi all,

I installed Karmic 64Bit yesterday as a command line system, then xorg, kdebase-kde3, and now I'm working my way up to a minimal system with my beloved Kde3 . So far it works very well, and I want to express my thanks to you Tim for your work!

I used to measure my cpu temperatures and fan speed with ksensors but couldn't find it in the Kde3 repository as ksensors-kde3. Would you consider adding this package to the archive, by any chance?

Thanks again,
    Sanne

Edit: For anybody with the same problem, I found a nice replacement for Ksensors named Kima which is available as package kima-kde3.
    Last edited by Sanne; June 10th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.

Beans

Smile Re: HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid (repost)

KGoldRunner

THANKS!!!!!

I used this information, and the corresponding wiki, to install KDE3.5 and then to install the older version of KGoldRunner. It works!!!!

I love the older version because (guess it's a difference with the KDE 4 not processing keystrokes as fast) the version for KDE4 isn't as fast at processing the keystrokes. Digging is a hassle.

NOW, I have the KDE3 version of KGoldRunner back on my Karmic box. Yea!!!

Many grateful thanks to MadScientist and everyone else who has helped with the project!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith
    .-.
    oo|
    /`'\
    (\_;/) Keith

Beans

Can't mount partitons with proper permissions. Lucid OK in Gnome

Hi,

I'm not able mount the other partitions on my hard drive with "write"
    permission in KDE 3.5 Trinity. Only way I can even mount them is thro' editing
    fstab. Even then It does not let modify the contents. I don't have this problem
    when I run Gnome Help!

Lucid Lynx
    Gnome and KDE 3.5 Trinity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid (repost)

Hello, I stumbled upon the Trinity project out of boredom one day and it seemed to catch my attention, as I've never used KDE 3.5 and I want to see what the differences between this and KDE 4 are. I've got the correct repositories set up, but when I try to install the package kubuntu-desktop-kde3, it fails because of an error involving sudo (I use Ubuntu 10.04). Is it normal for this package to try and remove sudo, or is this a bug?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DemonSharkKisame View Post
    Hello, I stumbled upon the Trinity project out of boredom one day and it seemed to catch my attention, as I've never used KDE 3.5 and I want to see what the differences between this and KDE 4 are. I've got the correct repositories set up, but when I try to install the package kubuntu-desktop-kde3, it fails because of an error involving sudo (I use Ubuntu 10.04). Is it normal for this package to try and remove sudo, or is this a bug?
    Do the following

The workaround is to temporarily set a root password, install sudo-kde3, then
    unset the root password. The following commands should do that:
    1. sudo passwd
    2. Enter a new (temporary) root password at the prompt
    3. sudo apt-get install sudo-kde3
    4. sudo passwd -l root

I had the same issue. this fixes it. courtesy of Tim pearson

Beans
    Distro

Finally decided to install KDE3/Trinity after upgrading to 10.10, and so far, TDE works magnificently... though GNOME seems to be FUBAR'd. Any clue as to why this is or how I can fix it?

Beans

DemonSharkKisame, this thread doesn't seem to be very active anymore. You might want to post to the Kubuntu KDE3/Trinity user mailing list, you should get more help there.

Beans
    Distro

lol, that's okay, I managed to fix GNOME anyway... just needed to get into IceWM and switch out the theme GNOME was using from Qt to a native GTK theme

Beans

Glad you got it working.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Any chance getting the three viewmode buttons back in Konqueror? The patch in comment #15 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+bug/43949 doesn't work anymore.
    Kubuntu 14.04 LTS | AMD Athlon II X3 455 | 8 GB DDR3 | GF 750 GTX

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast