Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Beans

For those of you still rocking Ubuntu 12.04, I've created a little indicator applet for you guys!

https://github.com/beidl/amd-indicator

Not only does it allow switching the GPU from within the panel, but it also works around a bug where 32 bit OpenGL games were not able to be played while running the integrated GPU.
    Please test it and report bugs.
    This also includes a Xsession script so you will never have to modify the 10fglrx script again!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by beidl View Post
    For those of you still rocking Ubuntu 12.04, I've created a little indicator applet for you guys!

https://github.com/beidl/amd-indicator

Not only does it allow switching the GPU from within the panel, but it also works around a bug where 32 bit OpenGL games were not able to be played while running the integrated GPU.
    Please test it and report bugs.
    This also includes a Xsession script so you will never have to modify the 10fglrx script again!
    This is an awesome idea, and thanks for your effort! Unfortunately I used this once, and now when I log in with the discrete card activated, I'm forced into Unity 2D. This persists even across a removal of xorg.conf and a purge and reinstall/reconfiguration of fglrx. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?

edit: I poked around like a blind idiot for a while, and it seems to be related to the creation/existence of /etc/ld.so.conf.d/multiarchfix.conf. I'm in way over my head here, but removing that file manually and running aticonfig --px-dgpu got things working again. Is this a bug, or did I just do something monumentally stupid by accident? (I'm working on the assumption that it's the latter )
    Last edited by Penguissimo; November 14th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Penguissimo View Post
    This is an awesome idea, and thanks for your effort! Unfortunately I used this once, and now when I log in with the discrete card activated, I'm forced into Unity 2D. This persists even across a removal of xorg.conf and a purge and reinstall/reconfiguration of fglrx. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?

edit: I poked around like a blind idiot for a while, and it seems to be related to the creation/existence of /etc/ld.so.conf.d/multiarchfix.conf. I'm in way over my head here, but removing that file manually and running aticonfig --px-dgpu got things working again. Is this a bug, or did I just do something monumentally stupid by accident? (I'm working on the assumption that it's the latter )
    This file usually should be removed when switching to the DGPU using the indicator (in /usr/lib/amdindicator/dgpuon). I'll take a look at it.
    Last edited by beidl; November 14th, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Beans

beidl very generously helped me work through all of the stupid things I had done to cause my problem, and as a result, things are working perfectly now! This is a VERY handy little piece of software!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Niccola View Post
    Seems that problem is about xserver-xorg-intel package.

A workaround was proposed (By Nick Andrick) in this thread at launchpad bug

I've tested and worked for me with an HD 6770M hybrid with Intel HD 3000

Access THIS ppa link , click in xserver-xorg-video-intel - 2:2.20.0-0~andrik1 to expand and download xserver-xorg-video-intel deb file for your architecture (amd64 or x86), you must download the 2 following files:

xserver-xorg-video-intel-dbg_2.20.0-0~andrik1_XXX.deb
    and
    xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.20.0-0~andrik1_XXX.deb
    where XXX must me your architecture identifier (x86 or amd64)

Then open terminal and go to directory where files were downloaded, then type:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i xserver-xorg-video-intel*.deb
    after package installation, execute following command:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure Xorg
    reboot your machine and install amd fglrx driver

TIP: I've installed 12.11 beta and first time I execute 'sudo amdconfig --initial -f' command it returns me that my graphic card is not supported. But I've rebooted, then I logged in Ubuntu (also without Unity bars)

But don't worry, wait about 1 minute until finish loading your OS, then press CTRL + ALT + T (to open terminal) and execute following commands:

Code:
    sudo amdconfig --initial -f
    sudo reboot
    Now everything works like a charm after rebooting...

Dude you've saved my life and gaming on ubuntu 12.10

Beans

Thank you very much!!! It worked! One headache less. Thanks!

Beans

Exclamation Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Excuse me! I have a problem. constantly I have to restart de notebook because there is an update. I repeated step 2 a couple of times and I cant solve it. please help!!! i have a 64bit system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I also used Niccola's solution from post 503 to install Catalyst on Ubuntu 12.10 on my HP dv6t with hybrid Intel 3000/AMD 6700 radeon integrated graphics. I appreciate this good work as getting Catalyst to work on my HP dv6t has been a nightmare. Thanks again.

I was able to install the vanilla fglrx-updates through Synaptic, and I didn't need to do a manual install of the AMD driver from their web site.

One very important note. Using the patched Intel driver from the PPA referred to in Niccola's post is, at least for now, critical. I mistakenly did an apt-get update after installing Catalyst and getting it to work, and a non-patched version of the Intel drivers got updated. On reboot, I couldn't get X to start. I then reinstalled the patched drivers, followed the instructions in post 503 and PINNED the two intel drivers in Synaptic to prevent them from getting updated. After pinning, I was able to update my system without any corresponding Catalyst problems.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by orbus View Post
    (Vostro 3550 / AMD 6630M)

I tried with this solution: http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/10/h...st-legacy.html

with latest Catalyst 12.08 / 12.09 / 12.10 but the result is the same, not working

Do I have to back to 12.04 ... ?
    i update to 12.10 too, me with (Vostro 3450/ AMD 6630M)
    install 12.10 viola, i got blank and broken desktop

Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast