Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Beans

Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoChick View Post
    For other reasons I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04. The upgrade went smoothly, and I could still get my headphones to "connect", but Rhythmbox always sent its audio to my speakers, not my headphones.

Then I found http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices. This site describes how to direct the audio output of each of the popular players.
    There's a site that made this really easy,
    http://fosswire.com/2008/01/11/a2dp-stereo-linux/
    the scripts are already there if you don't want to re-create them

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I followed the steps up to the part where you say to press the volume key to make the device pair.

I cannot get my device to pair at all, no matter what i have tried.
    I am using a 'Jawbone' There is no volume key, but i set it into pairing mode, and it will show up on gnome's bluetooth applet, when i click connect an OBEX error occurs
    Code:
    Couldn't display "obex://[00:0D:3C:6B:75:3C]/".
    Error: Host down
    Please select another viewer and try again.
    I have installed "gnome-vfs-obexftp" as suggested in some places, but it has not helped, can anyone help me to pair my device?

Beans

Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04, Bluetooth headsets & Skype

I followed your walkthrough in 8.04 x64 and it worked perfectly! Kudos!

Beans

Hello

My headset works with your Howto, at least with programs that use alsa...
    But it didn't work with Teamspeak (that uses oss), did anonye a solution to use teamspeak with a bluetooth headset in hardy?

Greetz

(sorry for my bad english...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

hello there.

iv just purchases icombi bluetooth headphones with built in mic.
    however, when i check under bluetooth setting, they only appeared under input, but not in audio.

it all seemed to work, up untill the following:

a builtrecord -D bluetooth -f s16_LE test.wav
    ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:1553bluetooth_init) BT_GETCAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
    arecord: main:546: audio open error: Input/output error
    if there is anyone that can help it would be muchly appreciated.

was i supposed to create the .asoundrc?
    but yes, please help!!!!

PLEASE!!!
    thanks

Beans
    Distro

hello there.

iv just purchases icombi bluetooth headphones with built in mic.
    however, when i check under bluetooth setting, they only appeared under input, but not in audio.

it all seemed to work, up untill the following:

a builtrecord -D bluetooth -f s16_LE test.wav
    ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:1553bluetooth_init) BT_GETCAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
    arecord: main:546: audio open error: Input/output error
    if there is anyone that can help it would be muchly appreciated.
    was i supposed to create the .asoundrc?
    but yes, please help!!!!

PLEASE!!!
    thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I can get as far as this step...
    10) turn on the headset and hit volume up on the headset which should cause your PC to ask for the passkey to pair with the headset
    Then I can't work out how to turn on the headset and the PC does not ask for any passkey.
    I am using a BTune bluetooth headset. I can put it into discoverable mode... and the little light flashes, and the bluetooth dongle plugged into the computer can "see" it, but I have no idea how to turn the thing on. The only buttons on the headset are A phone logo, A "play/pause" symbol, a "next/previous track" button and a "volume up/down" button.
    The instructions for the headset are not helpful don't offer any suggestions for turning them on.
    I have no idea who the manufacturer is for these headphones. The thing looks like this http://www.gtmall.com.au/catalogue/b...nes-p-483.html
    I can't find the manufacturer's website.
    If anyone else has one and knows how to make it turn on, I would be very grateful.
    Have you got nothing better to do? Do you enjoy clicking links? Then try this.

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: My Solution: Hardy 8.04 and Bluetooth headsets

Quote Originally Posted by blackdalek View Post

Then I can't work out how to turn on the headset and the PC does not ask for any passkey.
    I am using a BTune bluetooth headset. I can put it into discoverable mode... and the little light flashes, and the bluetooth dongle plugged into the computer can "see" it, but I have no idea how to turn the thing on. The only buttons on the headset are A phone logo, A "play/pause" symbol, a "next/previous track" button and a "volume up/down" button.
    The instructions for the headset are not helpful don't offer any suggestions for turning them on.
    I have no idea who the manufacturer is for these headphones. The thing looks like this http://www.gtmall.com.au/catalogue/b...nes-p-483.html
    If anyone else has one and knows how to make it turn on, I would be very grateful.
    Great instructions but I'm am having the same exact issue as I have quoted please help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by blackdalek View Post

I've since tested these headphones on Windows and Mac and even though they ask for a passkey and pair with the device successfully, they do not work despite the claim on the packaging that they can be paired with any bluetooth device. I can only get these headphones to work with mobile phones, so I have given up trying to use them with a PC. They just generate an error on the Mac everytime the Mac tries to send sound to them.
    I have instead chosen to go the dongle route and purchased the type with the dongle that plugs into the headphones out socket. Simple and it works.
    Have you got nothing better to do? Do you enjoy clicking links? Then try this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gattopi View Post
    Yes I use Ubuntu 64..
    Only skype is not works
    Hi gattopi,

Unless you have a particular reason to use the 64-bit version of Ubuntu, I would recommend going back to the 32-bit version, even if you have 64-bit processor. I don't think this sould create any noticeable performance issues and it should be compatible throughout.

Unfortunately, my Motorola HS820 is still not working. Everything seems to be ok, it connects and so, the modules are loaded, alsa configs are in place, etc, but nothing comes in or out the headset

Cheers,
    Waldeck

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast