Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got an iPhone 4!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Got an iPhone 4!

I'm an iPhone kind of guy. In theory, I know Android's a better OS, but I just love how easy and fun iOS is.

Anyway, I had an iPhone 3G for two years, so I figured I'd make the jump to the iPhone 4. WOW. This is hands down not only the best phone I've ever used, but the best mobile device I've ever used. Everything is fluid and incredibly fast, multitasking works like a charm, the camera/flash is great, and best of all, the display is so high-res that I can't go back to using other phones!

Any thoughts/opinions?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Got an iPhone 4!

Don't hold it while making a call

Beans

From what i have seen of it, it seems to be a great device.

That being said I personally would take something running Android any day. But I do see what people like it so much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Cam! View Post
    Any thoughts/opinions?
    The stats say now you can have more sex! really!

Oh, forget to add that the stats say that the average human has one breast and one testicle (~Des McHal) too!
    What if someday login in your facebook account you're required to accept yet-another-update license agreement saying you're a total idiot? Quit Facebook, join Diaspora*
    my webcomics ~ my diasp*

Beans

I have always wondered why is multi tasking so important on a phone.

Word processing, creating a calendar entry, making a spread sheet while ordering a Pizza
    when driving alone the Motorway?

hmmmm not a high priority for me.

Great for the Funeral Directors though
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool. I'm leaning towards getting one as well, or possibly an Android phone. I've been hearing all great things from everyone who's had the iPhone 4.
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Cam! View Post
    <snip>
    ...Any thoughts/opinions?
    Why have you betrayed us!?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I have always wondered why is multi tasking so important on a phone.

Word processing, creating a calendar entry, making a spread sheet while ordering a Pizza
    when driving alone the Motorway?

hmmmm not a high priority for me.

Great for the Funeral Directors though
    How about listening to music while reading through your email, then receiving a message, answering it, switching back to the exact same place in the email application, clicking a link opening the browser, closing it and opening the email application again to find that it's still in the same place? On an iPhone, the e-mail application will start from the inbox each time, and closing the browser also means that if you open it again, the tabs you had open will have to reload. Not ideal.

Small stuff like that is what makes Android better for my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceMonster View Post
    Cool. I'm leaning towards getting one as well, or possibly an Android phone. I've been hearing all great things from everyone who's had the iPhone 4.
    It's your choice but I think you'll be happier for longer with an Android phone running Cyanogenmod. Apple has a tendency to not allow two-year-old phones to be updated to make people buy the new one.

Beans

When my Iphone three died under the wheels of my wheelchair I replaced it with a Black Berry and I like it . The qwerty KB is great its light and its Antenna works.

Andriod phones are as common as Rocking Horse Pooh here in New Zealand so not an option.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by NCLI View Post
    How about listening to music while reading through your email, then receiving a message, answering it, switching back to the exact same place in the email application, clicking a link opening the browser, closing it and opening the email application again to find that it's still in the same place? On an iPhone, the e-mail application will start from the inbox each time, and closing the browser also means that if you open it again, the tabs you had open will have to reload. Not ideal..
    I'm not sure if you've used iOS 4 or an iPhone 4, but you're completely wrong. None of those things have applied to me. Each app picks up exactly where you left off. I don't need to restart, go to another menu, or reload anything. Everything is right where you left it when it comes to Multitasking.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast