Thread: Ubuntu Phone OS on Nexus 7?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu Phone OS on Nexus 7?

I've seen Ubuntu for Android on Nexus 7, and while it's cool, it's not something I've wanted to put on my own N7. The screen just seems a little too small to comfortably use a full Ubuntu desktop.

But I think the Ubuntu phone OS would be great on the Nexus 7. Is this possible? Has anyone tried it?
    Dell XPS 410, Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz, 2 Gigs RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Phone OS on Nexus 7?

Quote Originally Posted by kernco View Post
    I've seen Ubuntu for Android on Nexus 7, and while it's cool, it's not something I've wanted to put on my own N7. The screen just seems a little too small to comfortably use a full Ubuntu desktop.

But I think the Ubuntu phone OS would be great on the Nexus 7. Is this possible? Has anyone tried it?
    Ubuntu Phone OS is not available until february and then only a developer build

There is a ongoing thread about Ubuntu Phone OS here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2100707
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

+1 for an answer.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

It's in the conceptual mode right now, not even in alpha development. Shuttleworth needs to talk with phone vendors to even Define the requirements as to how exactly the end product Should work. Sorry, but you're gonna have to wait a while...
    Please & Thank You

Beans

I think, based on what we've seen in the videos. That Ubuntu Phone OS would run beautifully on the Nexus 7. As a Sys Admin I would like that power on the tablet and then my tablet, laptop, desktop, and all the servers I manage would be the same OS (simplicity).

I know that you can currently install an image of Ubuntu on a Nexus 7 but considering it's not too touch friendly I think Ubuntu Phone OS is a better fit.

Beans

I have read the article "How to install the Ubuntu on Nexus 7? " and I found that installing the Ubuntu on Nexus 7 seems very hard.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Danny1234 View Post
    I have read the article "How to install the Ubuntu on Nexus 7? " and I found that installing the Ubuntu on Nexus 7 seems very hard.
    I don't mean to necro-bump but its not hard at all..
    here are some clearer instructions that might make things easier to follow

Link:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation