Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by thenox View Post
    Welcome cactus and Rowdy.

Rowdy,
    Have you gamed on Linux much?
    Nope. Haven't really found many games yet. Mostly just emulators for nintendo stuff. Found out i can emu' PS1 and PS2, though, which is awesome. I used to play Gran Tirismo all the time before the advent of the Xbox, and Forza Motorsport. Frankly, the only good thing to come from Microsoft nowadays is the Xbox 360.

Beans

Since I have decided to stick around these forums I might as well introdouce myself

I'm not an IT person, just a random guy who stumbled upon Linux while trying to revive his old netbook. It was love from the first sight. It has been more than half a year since I compleatly got rid of Windows, my poor old netbook and the personal computers at home are all 100% Linux. The transition period was quite easy, neither me, nor my family play games or use specific software so I managed to find substitutes for every piece of software that I was using on Windows with no problems and in most cases I have to say that open source software is much better. I like LibreOffice much more than MS Office, it is awesome, and that is comming from a person who writes a lot. My family is also very satisfied with Ubuntu, at first it was hard for my sister to get used to the new office software and the Unity interface but I think she is quite happy and satisfied now, although it's hard to tell cause she is grumpy by default

The only problem I've encountered so far is that Banshee stopped working on my archaic netbook, but I guess that is nothing unfixable. I'm very happy with Linux and I will never go back to Windows. The open source philosophy is beautiful. And the best thing is that I don't complain anymore even if sometimes (very rarely, almost never) there are bugs and lags and whatever, I just remember that it cost me nothing, it's FREE!

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi and a big welcome Habermas,

You tell a very encouraging story -

I am sure that you and your family will find us all here a very friendly bunch.

There are several links in my signature that may appeal to you - I find Googlubuntu most helpful. I trust you and your family will be around for years to come.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello all,
    total newbie here, looking forward to learning. I have zero experience with Linux, did my first install last night 12.04 and looking forward to searching this awesome site for help.

Robert

Beans

Well, it's official. Windows 7 is gone, my HDD has been re-formatted and wiped clean, and I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin". So far so good!

Beans

Hi everyone, I'm Josh. I've been using Ubuntu for about 6 months now. I first came to Ubuntu after my copy of Window$ went screwy. Right now, I'm running ChrUbuntu on my new Chromebook, and it definitely uses the system much better than ChromeOS. Linux is amazing, every programmer should have it.

Beans

Hey everybody,

new member reporting in. I've been using Ubuntu alongside Windows for some time now, but with the latest releases, i found myself using Ubuntu more than windows.
    So i guessed it became time to register myself here.

I hope i can help people here, but my knowledge is limited. (but i'm learing something new almost every day...)

So, anyway, glad to be here.

Cheers!!

Beans

Hello everybody, I have being using Ubuntu during some years and feel very happy with it. I hope to continue learning from the community.

Cheers!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by northmanak View Post
    Hello all,
    total newbie here, looking forward to learning. I have zero experience with Linux, did my first install last night 12.04 and looking forward to searching this awesome site for help.

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Revenant View Post
    Well, it's official. Windows 7 is gone, my HDD has been re-formatted and wiped clean, and I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin". So far so good!
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniumS View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Josh. I've been using Ubuntu for about 6 months now. I first came to Ubuntu after my copy of Window$ went screwy. Right now, I'm running ChrUbuntu on my new Chromebook, and it definitely uses the system much better than ChromeOS. Linux is amazing, every programmer should have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3dW00t View Post
    Hey everybody,

new member reporting in. I've been using Ubuntu alongside Windows for some time now, but with the latest releases, i found myself using Ubuntu more than windows.
    So i guessed it became time to register myself here.

I hope i can help people here, but my knowledge is limited. (but i'm learing something new almost every day...)

So, anyway, glad to be here.

Cheers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pagalacoca View Post
    Hello everybody, I have being using Ubuntu during some years and feel very happy with it. I hope to continue learning from the community.

Cheers!
    Wow,

What can I say but a mighty big welcome to all of you - have a good look around.

I apologize for not responding to you sooner bu I have been a little tied up !

I think you will find that we are a very friendly bunch around here -

If any of the links in my signature are of any interest to you by all means Bookmark them.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

greetings from a noob!!!

first off, mods, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place...

i thought i'd use my first post just to say hi. i've been using unix at work for years and more recently linux redhat. last night i ditched windows on my old laptop and switched to ubuntu 12.04. my first thought was "wow, this is much more user friendly than i expected". i was expecting a bit of a challenge but i'm thoroughly impressed. i'm trying to familiarize myself with more command line stuff to beef up my skills at work. some time soon i may partition my drive and install ubuntu server so i will have another tool(toy) to learn with. i'm looking forward to learing as much as possible, and i'm sure this is a great place to learn.

chris

Page 186 of 389 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast