Thread: Dishonored displays only black screen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Dishonored displays only black screen

Greetings all,
    I recently bought and downloaded Dishonored. Sadly, however, when I try to run it, all I get is a black screen. No video, no audio, nothing. I'm running it from Steam in Wine 1.14 on Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit). I know other people have it working perfectly with practically the same configuration. I'm guessing there's something simple I can do to get it working, and I've tried some things, but I don't really know what to do to make it work. I'd really appreciate any tips to get this game running.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nathaniel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Dishonored displays only black screen

Hello? Anyone? Suggestions please? I'd really like to get this working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You might want to try a more recent version of wine, 1.14 is pretty out-dated now. I'm using the ubuntu-wine ppa with the latest version which is 1.5.18 and Dishonored is working fine with no overrides.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by gnat56 View Post
    Greetings all,
    I recently bought and downloaded Dishonored. Sadly, however, when I try to run it, all I get is a black screen. No video, no audio, nothing. I'm running it from Steam in Wine 1.14 on Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit). I know other people have it working perfectly with practically the same configuration. I'm guessing there's something simple I can do to get it working, and I've tried some things, but I don't really know what to do to make it work. I'd really appreciate any tips to get this game running.
    Thanks in advance,
    Nathaniel
    Try upgrading your wine version to the 1.5.x series from the Wine PPA. Mutiple users reports from the wine appdb seem suggest it just works with minimum fuss.
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for your help, guys. I did try Wine 1.5.something, but it still didn't work. [:-/
    Sad to say, I broke down and installed *******. [X-P
    Dishonored works just fine there.
    Hopefully with Steam available for Linux now, more game developers will start porting games to Linux. Maybe some day I'll be able to remove the massive virus called ******* from my computer again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release