Thread: Virtualbox Problem

Beans

Virtualbox Problem

Hi. I'm running Ubuntu Release 12.04 (precise) 32-bit and I just installed the latest version of VirtualBox.

The problem I'm having is when it comes to creating a virtual drive for a Windows XP install.
    I'm trying to create an 80G VDI but the progress bar just stays at 0%.
    It's been that way for a while. I have around 400G spare space on my HDD so that isn't a problem.

Can anyone shed any light on the problem and perhaps offer a solution? I really need to get XP installed so I can start using Sage ACT! again.

Many thanks,

Paul.

**EDIT** I changed the option to VHD (Virtual HDD) and it worked intantly.
    Last edited by sheffieldlad; November 22nd, 2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: solved (sort of)

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Virtualbox Problem

On my box I get to a point where the install (ubuntu guest) goes blank, just a blue screen. I trouble shot it for a while, then just by accident I walked away for 10 minutes and when I came back it was installing. This was only a 10 gig VDI so I say give it some more time. Maybe you too will get lucky

Beans

Re: Virtualbox Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    On my box I get to a point where the install (ubuntu guest) goes blank, just a blue screen. I trouble shot it for a while, then just by accident I walked away for 10 minutes and when I came back it was installing. This was only a 10 gig VDI so I say give it some more time. Maybe you too will get lucky

Thanks for the reply ib.

I changed the setting from VDI to virtual HDD and it created a partition instantly.