Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Sync your Blackberry in Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: How to Sync your Blackberry in Linux

I have put together a blackberry on linux google group i encourage everybody to join. There is a large community of linux and blackberry users trying to tether their blackberry with linux and i want to bring them together to figure this all out. We want to be able to package everything into a gzip file and be able to run 1 script to install all of the packages for you. but in order for it to work we need to pull everyone together and collect information about both successes and failures in connecting. please help us out. I am posting by tethering through my blackberry so i know it can be done

Sprint Blackberry 7130e
    Ubuntu Gutsy 7.1

http://groups.google.com/group/blackberryonlinux
    Last edited by bigmack83; March 21st, 2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: fixed link

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Sorry, accidentally double posted...
    Last edited by bigmack83; March 21st, 2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: accidental double post

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NinjitsuStylee View Post
    Haven't quite figured that out yet......I've been using the wall plug charger ever since I moved to Ubuntu.
    my blackberry charges when plugged into my laptop running ubuntu, didn't have to install anything, it just charges.

Beans

Can someone tell me why, after installing the .deb packages from Barry, none of the command line tools is present? I installed all the packages listed at the bottom of http://netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/install.php before downloading and installing the deb packages from Barry's Sourceforge site, but still get things like this:

david@better-mousetrap:~$ btool -h
    bash: btool: command not found
    I'm sure it's something stupid...thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by epitaph123 View Post
    my blackberry charges when plugged into my laptop running ubuntu, didn't have to install anything, it just charges.
    My BB did not charge with Kubuntu 7.10, but I installed Ubuntu 8.10 last week, and I just noticed that it charges now! woohoo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I take the easy way and sync my BB over the air with funambol to schedule world, then sync thunderbird with Schedule World (using SW TB extension). Works. Forget the cable.
    DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I know I'm late to the party on this thread, but in case it helps anyone, I have written a how-to on synchronizing a BlackBerry with Kubuntu Hardy.

Please let me know if you find it helpful, or if you have any comments, corrections, or suggestions.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    I know I'm late to the party on this thread, but in case it helps anyone, I have written a how-to on synchronizing a BlackBerry with Kubuntu Hardy.

Please let me know if you find it helpful, or if you have any comments, corrections, or suggestions.

Thanks
    Chip...good man, I'll give it a go!! I have a Curve also, and use Kubuntu.
    DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by theZoid View Post
    Chip...good man, I'll give it a go!! I have a Curve also, and use Kubuntu.
    theZoid, please do report back and let me know if it was helpful! I'll be happy to add/revise based on suggestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    theZoid, please do report back and let me know if it was helpful! I'll be happy to add/revise based on suggestions.
    I'm doing it now....you're using Kontact for the sync right? That's fine by me...having problems with Thunderbird.
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast