Thread: Saucy gnome fallback top and bottom panel color

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Saucy gnome fallback top and bottom panel color

Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    No ill-effects You mention...
    Update₁: To clarify: no ill-effects in flashback sessions... In GnomeClassic I do have panels of different color (not by my choice)... Not been there lately...
    All I have is Gnome Flashback and the problem is there. I no longer have Gnome Classic as an option.
    Don't you have the Gnome 3 PPA and the ricotz testing PPA installed? I have neither.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    All I have is Gnome Flashback and the problem is there. I no longer have Gnome Classic as an option.
    Don't you have the Gnome 3 PPA and the ricotz testing PPA installed? I have neither.
    Both G3 and all ricotz that are applicable...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I am pretty amazed. I just downloaded the daily iso and installed a fresh copy of Saucy. I got everything all setup. Installed gnome-flashback and viola the white on the middle of the panels are back just like before.
    I'm not touching the gnome 3 ppa or any of that other stuff that is not included with generic Ubuntu through normal updates etc.
    This is why I like LTS versions but, I am trying really hard to play along...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

What a difference a few hours can make. I doanloaded the iso on the morning of June 27th USA ET and it was the same but, I noticed the alpha had been released and was produced later on the 27th.
    Just installed it with Gnome and no more white panels. Guess this problem is resolved.

Beans

The Bug is Reported in Launchpad

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...l/+bug/1196177

If anyone has time, please report.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I signed onto that bug and it is back on the regular iso. I just installed it over the gnome version.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yup this is a real problem. It has occurred on each Saucy generic install I have done. It can be readily repeated.
    I urge everyone who is getting this on gnome fallback/flashback (whichever) to add your name to the bug mentioned above.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...l/+bug/1196177

That is the bug gexpower mentioned and there are only 3 people on that bug. There should many more than that.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; July 1st, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Beans

IMPORTANT!!

Since Ubuntu 13.04 gnome-session-fallback has become buggly. We need you support registering in the follow URL (Bug Record) your comments about it, of course, if you're affected.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz-core/+bug/1196177

As Cavsfan Says, we need more people join us on this bug report.

¡ Thank you for bring us your help !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gexpower View Post
    IMPORTANT!!

Since Ubuntu 13.04 gnome-session-fallback has become buggly. We need you support registering in the follow URL (Bug Record) your comments about it, of course, if you're affected.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz-core/+bug/1196177

As Cavsfan Says, we need more people join us on this bug report.

¡ Thank you for bring us your help !
    That is the bug about the white section of the top and bottom panels in Saucy gnome flashback. It still says it only affects 3 people. Although anyone who installs Saucy and uses gnome flashback/fallback (whatever it's called) will get this every time. I have installed it at least three times and it never fails.

This bug is the one that started in Raring 13.04 and continues into Saucy 13.10 where after you maximize any window, the three buttons at the top of the window become unclickable. You cannot minimize, close, etc. that window. It would be nice to see this fixed as it is more problematic than just the white color which is just annoying. But, both are annoying.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    That is the bug about the white section of the top and bottom panels in Saucy gnome flashback. It still says it only affects 3 people. Although anyone who installs Saucy and uses gnome flashback/fallback (whatever it's called) will get this every time. I have installed it at least three times and it never fails.

This bug is the one that started in Raring 13.04 and continues into Saucy 13.10 where after you maximize any window, the three buttons at the top of the window become unclickable. You cannot minimize, close, etc. that window. It would be nice to see this fixed as it is more problematic than just the white color which is just annoying. But, both are annoying.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267
    I can not reproduce problem either with the color or with Max/Restore/...
    I do have 13.10 and do have all GS and Ricotz (with a bunch of others) PPAs turned on...
    Hencw, I, for example, can not sign those bugs...
    Do not be so exclusive...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast