Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help Ubuntu-LAMP

Beans

Re: A little help Ubuntu-LAMP

Code:
     75.920302] PM: Checking swsusp image.
    [   75.920470] PM: Resume from disk failed.
    [   75.941471] usb 1-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    [   75.944533] kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
    [   75.944544] EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
    [   76.025232] ata1.00: configured for PIO4
    [   76.177870] scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            COMPAQ   CD-ROM SN-124    N104 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
    [   80.150345] Linux agpgart interface v0.102
    [   80.470432] input: PC Speaker as /devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input2
    [   80.513679] pci_hotplug: PCI Hot Plug PCI Core version: 0.5
    [   80.554112] cpqphp: Compaq Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver version: 0.9.8
    [   80.554225] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:06:1e.0[A] -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
    [   80.554237] cpqphp: Hot Plug Subsystem Device ID: a2fe
    [   80.554243] cpqphp: Initializing the PCI hot plug controller residing on PCI bus 6
    [   80.554252] PCI: Using BIOS Interrupt Routing Table
    [   80.585919] PCI: Using BIOS Interrupt Routing Table
    [   80.610069] piix4_smbus 0000:00:0f.0: Found 0000:00:0f.0 device
    [   80.657701] input: Power Button (FF) as /devices/virtual/input/input3
    [   80.673844] ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
    [   81.133127] Driver 'sr' needs updating - please use bus_type methods
    [   81.164942] sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
    [   81.164949] Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
    [   81.165040] sr 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
    [   81.235778] sr 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 5
    [   81.506502] ndiswrapper version 1.52 loaded (smp=yes, preempt=no)
    [   81.801964] usb 1-3: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
    [   82.037941] ndiswrapper: driver wusb11v4 (Cisco-Linksys LLC.,05/13/2004, 3.110.0513.2004) loaded
    [   82.080135] input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input4
    [   83.000428] wlan0: ethernet device 00:0f:66:e9:30:9d using NDIS driver: wusb11v4, version: 0x36e, NDIS version: 0x501, vendor: 'M4301 NDIS Miniport Driver', 13B1:000B.F.conf
    [   83.001948] ndiswrapper (set_iw_encr_mode:717): setting encryption mode to 6 failed (C00000BB)
    [   83.003458] wlan0: encryption modes supported: WEP; TKIP with WPA
    [   83.004499] usbcore: registered new interface driver ndiswrapper
    [   83.693408] lp: driver loaded but no devices found
    [   83.749287] Adding 7245272k swap on /dev/cciss/c0d0p5.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:7245272k
    [   84.373695] EXT3 FS on cciss/c0d0p1, internal journal
    [   85.586246] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team

Beans

Locked up again after copy and pasting the above. Thanks

Beans

OK, stop posting those for now, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's most likely one of 2 already related bugs, both of which are reported, the first is a kernel problem, which has(although it's not been confirmed to have) been for Ibex, the other is related to NDIS wrapper, where it is unable to handle large levels of network activity(which sounds likely, since you are both running NDIS wrapper and have the same flashing capslock/numlock reported in the bug report).

The first bug should be fixed if you upgrade the kernel to the Ibex kernel if you copy/paste these lines 1 at a time to a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo -i
    echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    apt-get update
    exit
    The second can be fixed by downloading the updated NDIS wrapper package from HERE

let me know how you get on.
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans

Really appreciate you taking the time....

This is what I'm getting

adman4054@stuff2:~$ sudo -i
    [sudo] password for adman4054:
    root@stuff2:~# sudo -i
    root@stuff2:~# echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    root@stuff2:~#
    root@stuff2:~# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    -bash: deb-src: command not found
    root@stuff2:~# echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    root@stuff2:~# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    -bash: deb-src: command not found

Quote Originally Posted by scragar View Post
    OK, stop posting those for now, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's most likely one of 2 already related bugs, both of which are reported, the first is a kernel problem, which has(although it's not been confirmed to have) been for Ibex, the other is related to NDIS wrapper, where it is unable to handle large levels of network activity(which sounds likely, since you are both running NDIS wrapper and have the same flashing capslock/numlock reported in the bug report).

The first bug should be fixed if you upgrade the kernel to the Ibex kernel if you copy/paste these lines 1 at a time to a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo -i
    echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list
    apt-get update
    exit
    The second can be fixed by downloading the updated NDIS wrapper package from HERE

let me know how you get on.

Beans

oops, my fault, it should be:
    Code:
    echo "echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list

Beans

Again, appreciate the help.
    I performed the first fix,didnt receive any error messgaes, but didnt receive a confirmation either, is that ok?
    NDIS Wrapper, I tried to do it through the Synaptic, but it didnt show up on the list, can you tell me how to do manually.
    Thanks

oops, my fault, it should be:
    Code:
    echo "echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ubuntu hardy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel-ppa.list

Beans

I reinstalled the new NDIS wrapper and I lost my internet connection, then I got to thinking how I connected to begin with. I dropped a Linksys driver on the machine and I was able to connect to the Internet. Could that have been the issue all along? I'll search the forums for an answer, but with this new NDIS wrapper, am I suppose to do something other then using a Linksys driver?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adman4054 View Post
    Again, appreciate the help.
    I performed the first fix,didnt receive any error messgaes, but didnt receive a confirmation either, is that ok?
    NDIS Wrapper, I tried to do it through the Synaptic, but it didnt show up on the list, can you tell me how to do manually.
    Thanks

Beans

I think it's better to see how you go, I am only following the advice given on the bug reports(which I've now lost the links to, I'll find it again in the morning(almost midnight now so I'm off to bed)).

Beans

Scragar--
    You have been very helpful and I think that your fixes may have solved the issue, but maybe you can assist me in fixing one last issue associated with the fix. First the update, I applied both of your fixes yesterday and worked the machine with many open browser windows and other tasks without a single lock up, yea! When I installed the new ndis wrapper I lost my wireless capability, thats ok, I know how I can fix that, but I lost my cd drive in the process. I held down the "mount" button for the cd through the file manager (I think thats where. Now the cd doesnt appear to be loading. I dont see it listed as a valid drive or any drive for that matter. I tried mounting the drive through the terminal, mount /dev/cd0 and I also tried to mount a usb drive mount /dev/sd1 (both these might not be exactly as I did them, it was getting late). I was following instructions on the web. Both said couldnt find them in fstabs. I checked the fstabs file (I added a line to that file for the usb drive) and the devices are in that file, but not loading. Any ideas? Thanks for being so helpful, the last thing I want to do is to be forced to go back to ******* over a few small issues.

I think it's better to see how you go, I am only following the advice given on the bug reports(which I've now lost the links to, I'll find it again in the morning(almost midnight now so I'm off to bed)).

Beans

Have you tried following this documentation?

I have never had to get wireless working on any of my machines, so I'm not to good at offering advice on that sort of thing, sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast