Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    2) I've noticed something interesting about the mouse pointer jumping when you lift the stylus. In the upper left corner the mouse jumps very little (always the same angle BTW), but in the lower right it jumps at least 3 x's further. I've attached a diagram to explain.
    I think that sounds right. Since the tablet resolution is different than the screen, the driver has to scale the coordinates. So for simplicity if the X resolution is 100 for the tablet and 300 for the screen, when X is at 0 for the tablet the screen would reflect 0. When X is at 1the screen would reflect 3. And when X is at 97, the screen would reflect 291 (97/100 = 291/300). So for the last example, you will see that the tablet is 3 points away from the bottom right hand corner but the screen is 9 points away. But when the tablet was 1 point away from the top left hand corner, the screen was only 3 points.

I am not for sure if my explanation makes sense or not.

Beans
    Distro

Am I missing something? What else can I look for?

EDIT: BTW unplugging and replugging is not working - no tablet after replugging
    No reboot necessary but I have to reload wacom with modprobe to get it active again.

EDIT: wacomcpl is working - tho 'touch' is blank - not coded yet likely? Do note the 2 'pad's tho in the attached image.

EDIT: also, setting buttons on the tablet has no effect - I expect we haven't got near this yet, code wise.
    I might be wrong about this, but I don't think that xidump will report anything because the wacom_drv.so has captured the event so xidump can't see it. Does wacdump now work or does it segfault?

As for the plugging/unplugging, I will have to check into this one. I am trying to figure out if that is something that the new driver is running into problems or if there is something else needed in the code. I recall seeing a post from Favux about having to load the wacom module manually for his tablet (different device but the same source code). Is there any messages in dmesg when you disconnect/reconnect?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I might be wrong about this, but I don't think that xidump will report anything because the wacom_drv.so has captured the event so xidump can't see it. Does wacdump now work or does it segfault?
    Yeah, Favux explained that to me re wacom_drv.so but I figured xidump is part of X therefore should see data. Must be wrong on that.

No luck with wacdump either - still segfaults.

Your explaination re the cursor jump makes good sense, I'd think that it could be coded in tho - to account for display mismatch. This is a small 1024x600 netbook display. Looks like wcmCommon.c in xdrv handles this stuff.

Think i'm retiring for the evening. Back at tomorrow night hopefully.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

One more thing Ayuthia... Seems as tho only a part of the features structure is being used. I noticed touch variables...
    Code:
    struct wacom_features {
            char *name;
            int pktlen;
            int x_max;
            int y_max;
            int pressure_max;
            int distance_max;
            int type;
            int touch_x_res;
            int touch_y_res;
            int touch_x_max;
            int touch_y_max;
            unsigned char unit;
            unsigned char unitExpo;   
    };
    I also plugged in dummy data...
    Code:
            { "Wacom Intuos2 6x8",        WACOM_PKGLEN_INTUOS,    20320, 16240, 1023, 31, INTUOS },
        { "Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBFUN,     14732, 9144, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT, 1024, 512, 1024, 512, 32, 32 },  // CTH-460
        { "Wacom Bamboo Pen 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBFUN,     14732, 9144, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTL-460
    (can't find ANY specs anywhere, box or Wacom's site, re touch resolution for CTH-460)

A re-make went fine but no data from you debug statements yet.
    Any who, off to get some shut-eye. Later.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi,

You can use wacdump before X starts. Once X starts wacom_drv.so grabs the input and wacdump can't get to it. You can use xidump but wacomcpl can interfere with it.

Beans

Hi to all and Thanks for new thread!!!

Ubuntu Karmic Desktop - on acer aspire 5920g
    I have installed 0.8.5-1

Have not purged wacom-tools xorg-server.....
    Not using udev nor xorg
    when installing 0.8.5-1 fdi did not get copied to directories had to do it manually. used test3 fdi by Favuk...

Stylus - OK
    Buttons - OK
    Eraser - OK
    Nothing from touch nor tablet buttons
    wacomcpl OK
    contains: touch - empty settings
    eraser - with 4 settings buttons
    stylus - with 4 settings buttons
    pad - not there!!!

Plugging/Unplugging - OK!!

Gimp - Pressure Eraser - OK!!
    MyPaint - Pressure Eraser Tilt - OK!!
    Blender - Pressure - OK!!

Ubuntu Karmic Remix - on acer aspire 5920g
    Have same problems as kgingeri's problems in other thread and need udev

fdi and udev files auto-copied correctly by install

Ubuntu Karmic Remix - on acer aspire one
    Have same problems as kgingeri's problems in other thread and need udev

fdi and udev files auto-copied correctly by install

Something is missing in Remix that Desktop has or maybe also different pc drivers

UPDATE!!
    Removed Karmic Remix on Aspire one
    Installed Karmic Desktop and 0.8.5-1 wacom drivers no purge
    fdi and udev installed automatically. rebooted
    Working as on acer aspire 5920g
    removed udev - rebooted
    Still working as above...

Something wrong with remix dist???
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 10th, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Beans

EDIT!!!
    Confirm above after another very long test on different machines!!!

REDIT!!!
    Updated Ubuntu Desktop karmic to 2.6.31-15 generic
    reinstalled completely just to see if 0.8.5-1 worked and it does as above...
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 10th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro

One more thing Ayuthia... Seems as tho only a part of the features structure is being used. I noticed touch variables...
    Code:
    struct wacom_features {
            char *name;
            int pktlen;
            int x_max;
            int y_max;
            int pressure_max;
            int distance_max;
            int type;
            int touch_x_res;
            int touch_y_res;
            int touch_x_max;
            int touch_y_max;
            unsigned char unit;
            unsigned char unitExpo;   
    };
    I also plugged in dummy data...
    Code:
            { "Wacom Intuos2 6x8",        WACOM_PKGLEN_INTUOS,    20320, 16240, 1023, 31, INTUOS },
        { "Wacom Bamboo P&T 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBFUN,     14732, 9144, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT, 1024, 512, 1024, 512, 32, 32 },  // CTH-460
        { "Wacom Bamboo Pen 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_BBFUN,     14732, 9144, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT }, // CTL-460
    (can't find ANY specs anywhere, box or Wacom's site, re touch resolution for CTH-460)

A re-make went fine but no data from you debug statements yet.
    Any who, off to get some shut-eye. Later.
    Is the wacom kernel module loaded? If so, I will need to double-check that I am pointing the device to the right wacom option. They are just print statements that should have been triggered once the module is loaded.

I will look into the touch portion once we know that we are getting debug data in both /var/log/messages (or dmesg) and /var/log/Xorg.0.log. I just want to be sure that we are where we left off in the previous version (0.8.4-3).

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, Favux explained that to me re wacom_drv.so but I figured xidump is part of X therefore should see data. Must be wrong on that.

No luck with wacdump either - still segfaults.

Your explaination re the cursor jump makes good sense, I'd think that it could be coded in tho - to account for display mismatch. This is a small 1024x600 netbook display. Looks like wcmCommon.c in xdrv handles this stuff.

Think i'm retiring for the evening. Back at tomorrow night hopefully.
    The jump is happening because of the 0x80 data is not reporting any X,Y coordinates but we are still using it because it seems to be needed for the eraser switch. Once we figure out the significance of the 0x80 data we can either code in the X,Y coordinates to help it out or figure out another way to get the eraser to switch without using the 0x80 data.

You get to have your choice of tablets to use and you have a netbook? You have all the fun toys! We will need to figure out how to calculate the touch resolution. Right now I am borrowing the TabletPC version, but it might be too big. But before we do that, we need to be able to pick up the information in kernel module.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Is the wacom kernel module loaded? If so, I will need to double-check that I am pointing the device to the right wacom option. They are just print statements that should have been triggered once the module is loaded.

I will look into the touch portion once we know that we are getting debug data in both /var/log/messages (or dmesg) and /var/log/Xorg.0.log. I just want to be sure that we are where we left off in the previous version (0.8.4-3).
    Hi there,

I had this issue at first try. I had to specifically do a "rmmod wacom" before doing the "modprobe wacom" again. It's like if the "modproble -r wacom" didn't do the job. I think it is because I already had the wacom.ko loaded in the kernel. modprobe -r would remove a module but not unload it from memory. At least, that's my understanding.

I have not rebooted yet but I have the tablet working just as before. Still have no touch logging. I'll create a new log set so that you can see what xorg and messages are reporting.

Should post this a little bit later.

ehfortin

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast