Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uninstall Ubuntu Put Back Windows

Beans

Re: Uninstall Ubuntu Put Back Windows

Hello!

I know only how to rescue your precious data(i have similar problem once)
    Boot computer from any live CD or better(i use this) from http://falconfour.com/projects.php?pid=7

Once start screen of FalconFour's Ultimate Boot CD is loaded, select MiniLinux.

Mount your HD, select Midnight Coomander from file Manager menu and copy your data on external disk.
    If this is possible on your comp now.

Problem is only how to download and burn FalconFour's Ultimate Boot CD since your comp is unusable now.

Ask friend, use any other Live CD...?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Use the Vista install media to:

Select to "Repair your computer"
    Select/put the radio button/dot next to "Use recovery tools that can help fix problems" --> Next
    Select "command prompt"
    enter this command: Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    enter this command: Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    enter this command: exit
    Click to Restart
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Hello!

I know only how to rescue your precious data(i have similar problem once)
    Boot computer from any live CD or better(i use this) from http://falconfour.com/projects.php?pid=7

Once start screen of FalconFour's Ultimate Boot CD is loaded, select MiniLinux.

Mount your HD, select Midnight Coomander from file Manager menu and copy your data on external disk.
    If this is possible on your comp now.

Problem is only how to download and burn FalconFour's Ultimate Boot CD since your comp is unusable now.

Ask friend, use any other Live CD...?
    Sadly my 2 friends don't know anything about computers. Just sims and facebook. I could atleast burn the program onto a blank CD and see what it does.

Could I burn it on a desktop computer I have? And then use it on the not working computer?

Select to "Repair your computer"
    Select/put the radio button/dot next to "Use recovery tools that can help fix problems" --> Next
    Select "command prompt"
    enter this command: Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    enter this command: Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    enter this command: exit
    Click to Restart
    Didn't work. I did everything you said. But I didn't see/do anything that said

I clicked repair computer and then went into System Recovery Options.
    Last edited by Gronknation; November 25th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gronknation View Post
    Could I burn it on a desktop computer I have? And then use it on the not working computer?
    The most simplest and easiest method was just go to your desktop computer and download the ubuntu iso and this time remember where you downloaded it.
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04.1/u...sktop-i386.iso

Now take a new blank DVD and burn that iso on that DVD.
    take that DVD out and shut down your desktop computer. Now put that DVD into your laptop and boot it up from that DVD. When asked, choose "Try Ubuntu" option and you will be able to view and recover all your data from the current HDD once you are in.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Just download the ISO, as suggested:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Burn a CD (create Disk Image), boot from it, get to the desktop by 'Try Ubuntu' (or it may just take your there). You should be able to see all partitions. Save your data to an external device ...

Easy, relatively quick and painless. Then you can wipe the lot and reinstall Windows (and install Ubuntu another partition if you like rather than a Wubi install).

Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pkadeel View Post
    The most simplest and easiest method was just go to your desktop computer and download the ubuntu iso and this time remember where you downloaded it.
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04.1/u...sktop-i386.iso

Now take a new blank DVD and burn that iso on that DVD.
    take that DVD out and shut down your desktop computer. Now put that DVD into your laptop and boot it up from that DVD. When asked, choose "Try Ubuntu" option and you will be able to view and recover all your data from the current HDD once you are in.
    +1. Exactly. This is the easiest and most simple and mentioned previously. You can then wipe the lot once you have your data secured on an external device and reinstall Windows (and Ubuntu on a separate partition for a real dual-boot if you feel like it).

Good luck ...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gronknation View Post
    Sadly my 2 friends don't know anything about computers. Just sims and facebook. I could atleast burn the program onto a blank CD and see what it does.

Didn't work. I did everything you said. But I didn't see/do anything that said

I clicked repair computer and then went into System Recovery Options.
    If you asking me for dowload and burn FalconsFour Boot CD - yes, you could, if that computer hava a CD-DVD burner and is conected on internet
    Download iso image FF Boot CD.
    On CD-DVD burning program use Burn Image.
    If you do not have any, download and install Infra Recorder or ImgBurn - ask Google where to find it.
    When installed, open program, select Burn Image, find downloaded iso file of FF Boot CD, select minimal speed(for CD is usualy 8x) and hit Burn.
    When burned, put CD in brokem comp., restart, select Boot from CD(usualy F12, on some comp. may be F8...?) - look on bios startup on the bottom of screen.
    For continuing with FF Boot CD read my previus post.

For using Vista install DVD - i do not know how to look "Use Recovery Tool......"
    In Windows 7 selection Command Promt is on the bottom of window - in Vista i think it be the same.
    Clik on Command Prompt - black window appears an then type what carl4926 wrote

bootrec.exe /fixmbr [Enter]
    bootrec.exe /fixboot [Enter]
    exit [Enter]

Remove Vista DVD and reboot computer

Beans

I'm back. Took me a while to get a CD. Having two problems

I either get this message

Error 0x800703EE "The volume for a file has been externally altered such that the opened file is no longer valid"

or

Either the disc in the CD or DVD burner isn't writable disc or it's full.

Please insert a writable disc in into drive D

I haven't altered the file and the CD is large enough for the file.

It did ask me when I first put the CD in

"Would you rather have it be like a USB drive where you can delete stuff"

or

"Would you rather have it like a CD and everything stays on there"

Those weren't the exact words but around that. And I clicked USB Drive.

It's a Memorex CD-R

Also the CD started with 702 MB. I put the iso on then deleted. There is nothing currently on the CD but there is only 249MB left.

UNREAL

Looked everywhere for these CDs. So we found them. They only had 700MB or 4.6 GB you couldn't put something in between. So after an awful day without the computer I come home and format the drive. Now I'm left with 576 MB. I bought CD-RW. Because I had a CD-R and has NOTHING on it and it took up 75% of the space. For whatever stupid reason, there was NOTHING on it. And I couldn't get the space back, because once things take up space on a CD-R you can't get your space back!
    Last edited by Gronknation; December 2nd, 2012 at 03:11 AM.

Beans

Got everything back!! Thank you guys so much. When I formatted the CD it went to 574 but when I burned the program on it, it went to 695 MB. Weird.

Thanks again for helping. You have no idea how much stuff was saved. It's really nice of you guys to help me out. Without getting payed, and just doing it to help people.

You saved everything!!!!!

Lesson Learned: Back Up Your ****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12