Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

djrakun,

Did you try danmiddle2's suggestion to install build-essential? If so, did that solve your problem? I went ahead and added it to the script since it won't cause any harm, but I would like to know for certain that it was what you needed.

Beans

I just installed xubuntu on a fujitsu p1120 and the touchscreen worked before I installed the script and it still does but my problem is how do i calibrate the touchscreen. When I touch the screen the arrow moves like 4 inches away.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dew7777 View Post
    I just installed xubuntu on a fujitsu p1120 and the touchscreen worked before I installed the script and it still does but my problem is how do i calibrate the touchscreen. When I touch the screen the arrow moves like 4 inches away.
    It most surely has something to do with MIN and MAX values in the code you add to xorg.conf:

Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "touchscreen"
        Driver "fujitsu"
        Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
        Option "DeviceName" "touchscreen"
        Option "MinX" "82"
        Option "MinY" "146"
        Option "MaxX" "4036"
        Option "MaxY" "3999"
        Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
    EndSection
    Not sure what those values actually are, I guess it has something to do with your screen. My resolution is 1024x600 and I see not much pattern there. I hope someone will clear that out for ya.

EDIT: Try googling the correct values for your model number, it should be the same for any X version, and I'm quite sure someone had troubles getting it to work in the past.
    Last edited by CMEPTb; June 18th, 2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Clarity

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dew7777 View Post
    This site seems to have what you are after
    http://ariescomputing.com/lifebook/

Beans

Talking Re: [SOLVED] Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

Had to register on here to say thanks
    Saved hours / days of my time

The script failed halfway through, needed to install pkg-config.
    Afterwards it worked fine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The touchscreen.sh script worked a treat, but I´m trying to rotate the screen on my Fujitsu P1510 running Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

The command ¨xrandr -o right¨ and Brad Midgeley´s (http://www.xmission.com/~bmidgley/p1510/) rotate.sh script successful rotates the screen, but the mouse and stylus behave crazy (movements of the mouse or stylus in an X direction are translated into cursor movements in a Y direction).

A bit of web research (http://popey.com/A_GUI_for_RandR_and_xsetwacom) suggests the command:
    sudo xsetwacom set touchscreen Rotate cw

should fix the problem. Running the command doesn´t return an error message but it doesn´t correct the crazy mouse movement.

(I called the device ¨touchscreen¨ because that´s the Device Name in xorg.conf - and because names like cursor and stylus return error messages like

Set: Failed to open device 'stylus'

Has anyone else attempted to use the touchscreen.sh under hardy heron and rotate the screen?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bikenerd View Post
    The touchscreen.sh script worked a treat, but I´m trying to rotate the screen on my Fujitsu P1510 running Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

The command ¨xrandr -o right¨ and Brad Midgeley´s (http://www.xmission.com/~bmidgley/p1510/) rotate.sh script successful rotates the screen, but the mouse and stylus behave crazy (movements of the mouse or stylus in an X direction are translated into cursor movements in a Y direction).

A bit of web research (http://popey.com/A_GUI_for_RandR_and_xsetwacom) suggests the command:
    sudo xsetwacom set touchscreen Rotate cw

should fix the problem. Running the command doesn´t return an error message but it doesn´t correct the crazy mouse movement.

(I called the device ¨touchscreen¨ because that´s the Device Name in xorg.conf - and because names like cursor and stylus return error messages like

Set: Failed to open device 'stylus'

Has anyone else attempted to use the touchscreen.sh under hardy heron and rotate the screen?
    Rotate doesn't work if you are running compiz desktop effects. To see if this is your issue, try disabling compiz and then using the xrandr rotate command. This works fine for me.

You could even write a script that disables compiz, rotates the screen and re-enables compiz. I started working on this but could not find a compiz-disable command line option.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by concertedrxn View Post
    I have the Fujitsu P-Series driver working on my P1510D under Hardy. I wrote a script to automate the download, compilation, and installation of the driver (see below). First you need to open a Terminal window by clicking on the Applications menu, going to Accessories and selecting Terminal. In the Terminal window type the following on the command line to launch the gedit text editor:

Code:
    gedit touchscreen.sh
    Next, copy the script code below and paste it into the gedit window. Click the "Save" button and close gedit.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

# Change to /tmp to avoid cluttering the current directory.
    cd /tmp

# Install the packages we need for setting up the serial port and compiling the driver's source code.
    sudo apt-get install -y setserial xserver-xorg-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-fonts-dev build-essential

# Configure the serial port to which the touchscreen is attached.
    sudo setserial /dev/ttyS0 port 0x0220 irq 4 autoconfig

# Set it up so that the serial port will be properly configured at boot time.
    echo -e '/dev/ttyS0 irq 4 port 0x220 autoconfig' | sudo tee /etc/serial.conf

# Download the driver's source code from the web site.
    wget http://www.conan.de/touchscreen/xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5.tar.bz2

# Extract the source code from the file.
    tar -jxf xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5.tar.bz2

# Change to the source code subdirectory.
    cd xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5

# Back up the source code file that we need to edit.
    cp fujitsu.c fujitsu.c.original

# Patch the source code to allow the driver to work in Hardy.
    sed	'
    	s:xf86AlwaysCore(local, TRUE);:/*xf86AlwaysCore(local, TRUE);*/:
    	' fujitsu.c.original >fujitsu.c

# Compile the source code and install the driver. 
    ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install

# Return to the directory where we started.
    cd -

exit 0
    Now type the following into the Terminal:

Code:
    sh touchscreen.sh
    Hit enter, enter your password, and watch the script do its work.

After executing the script, you'll need to modify your xorg.conf file manually. First, backup your xorg.conf file:

Code:
    sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup
    Next, open your xorg.conf file for editing:

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Add the following to the xorg.conf file somewhere near the other "InputDevice" entries:

Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "touchscreen"
        Driver "fujitsu"
        Option "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
        Option "DeviceName" "touchscreen"
        Option "MinX" "82"
        Option "MinY" "146"
        Option "MaxX" "4036"
        Option "MaxY" "3999"
        Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
    EndSection
    (On my P1510D, I have 4020 for MaxX rather than 4036.)

Then find the "ServerLayout" section of the xorg.conf file and add the following to that section:

Code:
    InputDevice "touchscreen"
    Once you have finished making the changes, click "Save" and close gedit.

Now logout of the X session. When the GDM login screen appears, you should be able to move the cursor using the touchscreen.

I hope this helps!
    Looks great!! shame i don't have touchscreen. But many people can get help from this. Can you post this Howoto under tutorial section with all this info. People will love this there.

Cheers
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

bikenerd,

It doesn't rotate for me either, unfortunately. If you find a solution, let me know.

The command you found is for the wacom driver, so it wouldn't have an effect on this driver. Looking at the source code, it appears that the ability to rotate with the display is built into the Fujitsu driver, but I don't know how to set rotation without editing the xorg.conf and restarting X. (More information can be found here: http://www.conan.de/touchscreen/p-series.html)

Beans

Re: Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

ukripper,

I'd be happy to add it to the tutorial section once we know it works as written for everyone with a P1510D. I'd also like to have the rotation issue figured out.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast