View Poll Results: What do you know / think about Yagooft?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just love it and already registered

1 4.00%
  • I have read good things about it

0 0%
  • I heard about it already

0 0%
  • This is the first time I read about it

17 68.00%
  • I am interested, tell me more!

1 4.00%
  • I have bad feelings for it

4 16.00%
  • No way! I hate it!

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you know about Yagooft?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Do you know about Yagooft?

I have been communicating with people that don't know my language nor I theirs for 10 years. Yagooft makes it look seemless; however, language translation programs are not perfect; in fact, I have found the results humerious at times. For now, BabelFish, Goolge Translate, etc., will surfice unless Yagooft can prove they offer something better. I also noticed that Yagooft is a social network. If I want to use Yagooft I don't want to join a social network similar to Facebook, and the people I communicate with in other countries wouldn't either.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; October 12th, 2012 at 02:08 AM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Gray_Wolf View Post
    I have been communicating with people that don't know my language nor I theirs for 10 years. Yagooft makes it look seemless; however, language translation programs are not perfect; in fact, I have found the results humerious at times. For now, BabelFish, Goolge Translate, etc., will surfice unless Yagooft can prove they offer something better.
    The language autodetect is especially humorous. I have a Mexican friend who posts "jaja" on Facebook, which obviously means "haha". But autodetect translates it "eggs" because that's what it is in Polish.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Looks like a website made in Frontpage

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    The language autodetect is especially humorous. I have a Mexican friend who posts "jaja" on Facebook, which obviously means "haha". But autodetect translates it "eggs" because that's what it is in Polish.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans

I think I read somewhere that Social networks own everything you upload to them. This freaked me out, so I'm not real big and sharing much through the networks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

At least some of the pages are on Blogspot. I think the name Yagooft comes from the combination of Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter. The colors are a big give-a-way.

I'd heard either google or yahoo were going to start their own social site similar to facebook, maybe this is it.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Viiral View Post
    Looks like a website made in Frontpage
    That's very true.

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    At least some of the pages are on Blogspot. I think the name Yagooft comes from the combination of Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter. The colors are a big give-a-way.

I'd heard either google or yahoo were going to start their own social site similar to facebook, maybe this is it.
    Yahoo or Google would never make something this amateur looking. You're probably thinking of Google+, which already exists.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    That's very true.

Yahoo or Google would never make something this amateur looking. You're probably thinking of Google+, which already exists.
    Google+ is awesome! but unfortunately not as popular as facebook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12