Thread: System76 release party support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

System76 release party support

So I'm running a release party up here in Canada (Details here: http://kwartzlab.ca/karmic).

I understand System76 offers balloons and flyers things for these events. I'm a System76 user and I'm happy to promote the company. I also like free schwag.

Am I too late to get in on the party deal, since we're now less than two weeks away?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: System76 release party support

Maybe not.

Please email info@system76 with your request.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel625 View Post
    So I'm running a release party up here in Canada (Details here: http://kwartzlab.ca/karmic).

I understand System76 offers balloons and flyers things for these events. I'm a System76 user and I'm happy to promote the company. I also like free schwag.

Am I too late to get in on the party deal, since we're now less than two weeks away?
    Oh to have time for such things I don't even have time to make it to the monthly LUG meetings, and started the group four years ago.

If I can get the Desktop and Server editions of 9.10 downloaded I'll install them probably that weekend or following week, but it'll probably be slow going that first week or two with everyone trying to grab copies.

Have fun at the party and post some pictures

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by samalex View Post
    Oh to have time for such things I don't even have time to make it to the monthly LUG meetings, and started the group four years ago.

If I can get the Desktop and Server editions of 9.10 downloaded I'll install them probably that weekend or following week, but it'll probably be slow going that first week or two with everyone trying to grab copies.

Have fun at the party and post some pictures

Sam
    Right now, I'm making time. I wanted to do something cool at our brand new hackerspace. Karmic seemed like the perfect excuse.

(I'm also going to be volunteering at the Ubuntu booth at Ontario Linux Fest, if anybody up here wants to say hi).

We're planning on having a full repository mirror on site for upgrades. So if nothing else, it'll be a lot faster than trying to get it off the Internet. If your LUG can swing that, it's a considerable time savings right there!

Stickers ordered! Thanks, Thomas and Carl!

Darcy.