Thread: Can't move gimp toolbox in unity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Can't move gimp toolbox in unity

I'm running ubuntu 12.04 with gimp 2.6.12

The problem I face is that the unity header bar at the top of the screen covers the gimp toolbox meaning that the tool box cannot be moved, or closed.

The second issue that the header bar (the one that shows file, edit, view etc.. along with the time and other notifications) doesn't become active when clicking on the tool box.

The third issue that when loaded gimp doesn't show up in the unity left hand menu.

Beans

Re: Can't move gimp toolbox in unity

Quote Originally Posted by c-m View Post
    I'm running ubuntu 12.04 with gimp 2.6.12

The problem I face is that the unity header bar at the top of the screen covers the gimp toolbox meaning that the tool box cannot be moved, or closed.

The second issue that the header bar (the one that shows file, edit, view etc.. along with the time and other notifications) doesn't become active when clicking on the tool box.

The third issue that when loaded gimp doesn't show up in the unity left hand menu.
    Same here. Just installed 12.04 64 bit and GIMP... and I'm dissapointed. GIMP is also not int the apps when using alt+tab.

Beans

My solution was to use Alt+Mouse_drag

Beans

The Alt+Mouse_drag didn't work for me, but this did:

In Gimp, go to Preferences > Windows Management

Then set the "Hint for the toolbox" and "Hint for other docks" to "Normal Window".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joyousmoo View Post
    The Alt+Mouse_drag didn't work for me, but this did:

In Gimp, go to Preferences > Windows Management

Then set the "Hint for the toolbox" and "Hint for other docks" to "Normal Window".
    Thank you so much. This has been driving me nuts.