Thread: Moving Launcher?

Beans

Lightbulb Moving Launcher?

I have used ubuntu only a few times in the past and have had it for a few days. I have dual displays setup and was wondering how one would go about moving the Launcher to the bottom of the screen (like on Macintosh) because I feel like it will enhance my multi screen display experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Moving Launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by iGeekiHackiMatt View Post
    I have used ubuntu only a few times in the past and have had it for a few days. I have dual displays setup and was wondering how one would go about moving the Launcher to the bottom of the screen (like on Macintosh) because I feel like it will enhance my multi screen display experience.

What version of Ubuntu are you using?

This applies to 11.10

http://askubuntu.com/questions/33605...unity-launcher

take a look at this.
    Last edited by Insomn1a; October 14th, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Beans

Unhappy Re: Moving Launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Insomn1a View Post
    What version of Ubuntu are you using?
    I am using 12.04.

Thanks for the reply though, do you know of any way for 12.04 or if I could get this to work for 12.04?

Beans
    Distro

I am using 12.04.

Thanks for the reply though, do you know of any way for 12.04 or if I could get this to work for 12.04?
    From what i read in the following thread, the unity bar is currently unable to be moved in 12.04, you can select which monitor it runs on, but thats about it, if you want an alternative you can try downloading cairo dock and using that as a possible solution.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1976480&page=6

also, take a look at this, http://www.uielinux.org/myunity/

dont think you can move the launcher, but you can at least make it less intrusive.
    Last edited by Insomn1a; October 14th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Beans

Okay, thanks for the help!
    I am now using My Unity even though I cannot move the launcher I can personalize it, Thanks Again!
    Last edited by iGeekiHackiMatt; October 14th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Beans

I am now using My Unity even though I cannot move the launcher I can personalize it, Thanks Again!
    Yeah, I came here looking for an answer to the same question. I'm somewhat astounded that this can't be done - this is simple and old computer functionality. Maybe go with Cinnamon - it works well with 12.10 - and install a dock or something. Hopefully the devs will include this very basic customization with Unity in the near future.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Musmanno View Post
    Yeah, I came here looking for an answer to the same question. I'm somewhat astounded that this can't be done - this is simple and old computer functionality. Maybe go with Cinnamon - it works well with 12.10 - and install a dock or something. Hopefully the devs will include this very basic customization with Unity in the near future.
    Yea hopefully they will, I was hoping that would have been added in 12.10 but unfortunately not.

Not a problem
    -Niels Bohr