Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Quote Originally Posted by madeinfamous View Post
    should be:

Code:
    ./configure --enable-vp8
    Hmmm...... not here:

Code:
    andrew@skamandros~/source/ffmpeg_build/ffmpeg/ffmpeg$ ./configure --help | grep -i vpx
      --enable-libvpx          enable VP8 support via libvpx [no]
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

I think madeinfamous is refering to the libvpx configure. Amirite? Da/nyet? Although it doesn't seem to make a difference for FFmpeg...unless I missed something. I don't use this encoder often myself. Perhaps a reason why --enable-vp8 needs to be included might clear things up.
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; August 5th, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: often is spelled often, not ofen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

hi

@siva:~/ffmpeg/libvpx$ ./configure --enable-libvpx
    Unknown option "--enable-libvpx".
    See ./configure --help for available options.

--enable-vp8 VP8 codec support

ubuntu natty amd64

have a nice day!

Beans

The --enable-libvpx configuration option is intended for FFmpeg, not libvpx:
    If you follow this step, add --enable-libvpx to the FFmpeg ./configure line in step 5.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@ FakeOutdoorsman

oh my bad, I am terribly ashamed!

probably due to fatigue ...

thank you for pointing this out!

have a nice week!

Beans

Thanks for the great guide.

Quick question, is RMVB fully supported by simply following this guide?? Only reason I ask is that I get an error when converting RMVB ("Unsupported Video Codec"). Funny thing, is that the conversion does go on and finishes...but only to discover that the audio and picture are slightly out of sync.

Thoughts???

Beans

Please show your command and the complete terminal output. What players did you use? Does it play normally with ffplay?

Beans

Sorry if what I'm going to ask was discuss... I can't read 180 pages.

I compiled FFMPEG, there wasn't problems. I expected to have version 0.8 of ffmpeg, but now I have N-31831-g931187e version... What is this strange number?

It's ok, I don't care the number. But now, I would need the dependencies that are in this page: http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/ffmpeg. I thought they were to be compiled when compiling ffmpeg, but no. I downloaded some of them from the page, but there're some problems when trying to install them... version problems... I can't install them.

Should I compile all of them?

I need ffmpeg 0.8, because a branch of Blender requires it.
    I need to compile ffmpeg, because I want to encode in x264.

Beans

Hi

Is there a way of compiling the latest ffmpeg and x264 code but without installing it, so that it is run when needed from command line? Essentially not have to use sudo (other than to install necessary dependencies from the standard repositories).

I am a little worried about affecting other apps that I have installed as a result of doing this and having to deal with apt-get problems. I have done this before for mplayer (like this, to get VDPAU support) so I think there should be a way of doing this.

I'm using 64-bit Lucid (desktop) latest from the standard repositories. Only additions outside the standard repos are PPAs for Handbrake and PiTiVi (gstreamer).

Thanks!
    Shreepad

Beans

Please ignore, found the solution here ...

Had a mix of different size video clips to merge in PiTiVi, which was making an absolute dog's breakfast while resizing.. Looks great with ffmpeg!!

Quote Originally Posted by shreepads View Post
    Hi

Is there a way of compiling the latest ffmpeg and x264 code but without installing it, so that it is run when needed from command line? Essentially not have to use sudo (other than to install necessary dependencies from the standard repositories).

I am a little worried about affecting other apps that I have installed as a result of doing this and having to deal with apt-get problems. I have done this before for mplayer (like this, to get VDPAU support) so I think there should be a way of doing this.

I'm using 64-bit Lucid (desktop) latest from the standard repositories. Only additions outside the standard repos are PPAs for Handbrake and PiTiVi (gstreamer).

Thanks!
    Shreepad

Page 181 of 241 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast