Thread: Updating my profile

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Updating my profile

Hi,

I would like to update my profile:

http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=428457

I don't post very often, because I am a simple end user, and I don't usually have much to offer to the forum. Instead, I usually just read it to find answers to my questions. I understand that I cannot update my profile until I hit 50 posts:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1921726

I wonder if I could please request permission to edit my profile? If that is not possible, I wonder if you could please update my profle bio to read as follows:

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 (Unity) in my civil law practice & to make the Digital Tipping Point documentary.

And could you please change my interests to read as follows:

As a volunteer for Partimus.org, I support 6 public schools with Ubuntu GNU-Linux computers. My role with Partimus.org is to make the initial "sale" of the concept of GNU-Linux to the principal and chief technologist, and then provide hand-holding support to simple end users.

For Distro, could you please change it to 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Updating my profile

oops, I forgot to subscribe to this thread. Now I am subscribed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I updated the distro - the rest seemed fairly current - but I might have missed something...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
    I updated the distro
    Hi,

Thank you for updating the distro.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
    I updated the distro - the rest seemed fairly current - but I might have missed something...
    The rest is not current. Partimus.org, the non-profit for which I volunteer, supports 6 schools with Ubuntu GNU-Linux. At the time that I wrote that profile in 2007, we were just in one school. I know you are busy, so I could just try to make it a point to post more often. But if you could make the changes I requested in my original post, I would be grateful. On the other hand, if you are too busy, I will just try to post more frequently, so that I can cross the 50 post threshold. Thank you either way for considering my request.