Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Hi there,

I just installed Hardy instead of Gutsy and now ran into an problem with btnx:

Code:
     sudo btnx-config 
    /usr/share/btnx-config/btnx-config.glade

(btnx-config:32741): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Fehler in Zeile 1, Zeichen 15: Ungültiger UTF-8-kodierter Text - »<b>Ger?teerkennung</b>« ist nicht gültig

(btnx-config:32741): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Fehler in Zeile 1, Zeichen 23: Ungültiger UTF-8-kodierter Text - »<b>Befehlsausf?hrung</b>« ist nicht gültig

(btnx-config:32741): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Fehler in Zeile 1, Zeichen 15: Ungültiger UTF-8-kodierter Text - »<b>Ger?teerkennung</b>« ist nicht gültig

(btnx-config:32741): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Fehler in Zeile 1, Zeichen 23: Ungültiger UTF-8-kodierter Text - »<b>Befehlsausf?hrung</b>« ist nicht gültig

(btnx-config:32741): Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string

(btnx-config:32741): Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string
    Segmentation fault
    I've just set the locale to de_DE@euro (global) and cant imagine, why there is a UTF-8 Problem...
    Could anybody help me please?

Thanks a lot

Alex

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have similar problem like this http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=444 with 64-bit Ubuntu 8.04...

Otherwise btnx is working as should, but "restart btnx" buttons gives this error:

"Failed to execute command:
    /etc/init.d/btnx restart". Make sure btnx is installed correctly."

but the btnx is exactly there where error says not working... Yet manually executing /etc/init.d/btnx restart does the trick...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by olmari View Post
    I have similar problem like this http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=444 with 64-bit Ubuntu 8.04...

Otherwise btnx is working as should, but "restart btnx" buttons gives this error:

"Failed to execute command:
    /etc/init.d/btnx restart". Make sure btnx is installed correctly."

but the btnx is exactly there where error says not working... Yet manually executing /etc/init.d/btnx restart does the trick...
    I've fixed this error on my end. Where your configuration name is... do not input a name with spaces! I renamed it plain ol' Logitech (from Logitech MX Revolution) and now everything loads and restarts correctly. :O

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by steveneddy View Post
    Sorry to say that hot-plugging was already checked. I turned off the mouse anyway and when I turned it back on, I had to manually start btnx to get my mouse button features back.
    Happy to hear btnx has been useful. The problem might be with udev, or something else in the system that isn't causing udev to fire up btnx when your mouse is plugged in. It's something that is very difficult to pinpoint.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by odierick View Post
    Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue with btnx 0.4.11 & btnx-config 0.4.9 and command execution.

I was looking for a way to implement a left double-clic function to my mouse middle button. Reading around I found many ways to do this. I choose a combination of btnx/btnx-config + xte.
    You can use an undocumented feature in btnx to make this work. Bind a button to BTN_LEFT and exit btnx-config. Then open up the configuration file (/etc/btnx/btnx_config_something) and edit the type value of that button. Set "type=1". This should make a double click.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by maxxum View Post
    Thats good to know! Well I have the MX Revolution mouse now and I am trying to install in 8.04 32 bit as of now. I tried using the binary (4.0.9) and then by compiling the source of 4.0.11 as described in the first page. In both cases btnx does not start.
    Code:
     max@Ubu804:~/btnx-0.4.11/btnx-config-0.4.9$ btnx
    bash: /usr/sbin/btnx: No such file or directory
    max@Ubu804:~/btnx-0.4.11/btnx-config-0.4.9$ sudo btnx
     btnx: uinput modprobed successfully.
     btnx: Opening config file: /etc/btnx/btnx_config_Default
     btnx: Could not read the config file: No such file or directory
     btnx: Configuration file error.
    max@Ubu804:~/btnx-0.4.11/btnx-config-0.4.9$ btnx-config

(btnx-config:22040): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "cleanice",

(btnx-config:22040): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "cleanice",
    Warning: configuration file for configuration "Default" does not exist. Deleting configuration.
    Aborted
    max@Ubu804:~/btnx-0.4.11/btnx-config-0.4.9$ sudo btnx-config
    Warning: configuration file for configuration "Default" does not exist. Deleting configuration.
    Aborted
    Does it have anything to do with the theme I am using? I am currently using Mac4Lin compiz/emerald theme with customized icon theme etc.
    The theme shouldn't matter, but always remember to start btnx-config with sudo. Try deleting the file /etc/btnx/btnx_manager and if a file called /etc/btnx/btnx_config_Default exists, delete that as well. Then start btnx-config again.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shimoda View Post
    Fantastic improvements since last version I used... Congratulations!!
    I hope so. It has been almost a year (btnx turns one in May 26) since version 0.1.0. A lot has changed, and there are many changes and improvements planned for later. In fact, I put together a Wiki page for btnx development and discussion. It contains information about the upcoming 0.5.x version which I will be working on during the summer, and allows others to make suggestions, ask for features, etc. Or get involved in the development if they wish to do so.

I'm holding back the link for now, because I haven't made any concrete decisions regarding all this. I wouldn't want people wasting their time contributing if I won't be able to do anything with it.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik View Post
    Hi there,

I just installed Hardy instead of Gutsy and now ran into an problem with btnx:

I've just set the locale to de_DE@euro (global) and cant imagine, why there is a UTF-8 Problem...
    Could anybody help me please?

Thanks a lot

Alex
    It could be a problem with your locale settings. The German translations work fine on my Feisty. This is what I do to test the German translations:

Code:
    $ export LANGUAGE=de_DE
    $ sudo btnx-config
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    You can use an undocumented feature in btnx to make this work. Bind a button to BTN_LEFT and exit btnx-config. Then open up the configuration file (/etc/btnx/btnx_config_something) and edit the type value of that button. Set "type=1". This should make a double click.
    Thank you for reminding me about that solution to double-click with a mouse button. I'm most grateful.

However, the issue about X apps not executing from a script unless btnx is manually restarted remains. Can you reproduce this behavior?

Beans

I've got a new problem now. I have my MX Revolution's side front and back keys set for alt+left and alt+right respectively. The alt key tends to get stuck as being pressed randomly and I have to press the actual keyboard to get it to release. Sometimes that does not even work and is quite annoying. What could be causing this?

Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast