Thread: PDF Black Text Quality

Beans

PDF Black Text Quality

Hello,

I need to convert pdf to image format in a large number of units, daily near about 4000 pages of pdf are converted to image format, currently i complete this task using a pdf converter, this tool helps me converting pdf to image but now i'm facing a problem with it's quality, as the pdf converts images, the text within the pdf losses it's quality, turning the black text to grey. i want to avoid this text colour conversion.

I need a solution on it, i need some sort of converter or tool you can say which might help me in making images from pdf and also without harming the quality of the text, the black text.

Pl if anyone do has a solution on it do write back to me !!!

abhijeetk AT creativeglobal DOT in

Regards,
    Abhijeet.
    Last edited by bapoumba; August 28th, 2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: edited email.

Beans

Re: PDF Black Text Quality

Hey,

eventually you can use pdftoppm command, but i can't tell you something about the quality.
    Possibly you must write a little script to convert multiple pdf's.

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...dftoppm.1.html

Beans

I've tried Zamar and it works well in converting pdf to jpg images. try it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

From memory ImageMagick's "convert" can do it... But I don't see why any converter worth its salt would change black to gray... so the problelm could be something else.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet2 View Post
    Hello,

I need to convert pdf to image format in a large number of units, daily near about 4000 pages of pdf are converted to image format, currently i complete this task using a pdf converter, this tool helps me converting pdf to image but now i'm facing a problem with it's quality, as the pdf converts images, the text within the pdf losses it's quality, turning the black text to grey. i want to avoid this text colour conversion.

I need a solution on it, i need some sort of converter or tool you can say which might help me in making images from pdf and also without harming the quality of the text, the black text.

Pl if anyone do has a solution on it do write back to me !!!

abhijeetk AT creativeglobal DOT in

Regards,
    Abhijeet.
    I have not yet considered the quality to convert black PDF text. It always occurs problems when converting color pdf text into grayscale one. I searched the internet and found few posts talking about this issue. So please share with us the final solution. It will definitely help. Thank you.

Beans

thank you for your solution. it worked for me