Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipod Nano 5G with linux?

Beans

Re: Ipod Nano 5G with linux?

I have everithing that you wrote and all went ok but it doesn't work!!
    thanks anyway

Beans

libiphone should not be required for the Nano 5G (or my patch). however I think we can confirm there is a issue with libgpod copying the *.itdb to the 5G and this seems to be one of the main problems you guys are experancing atm, my suggestion to install the libiphone-dev package is purely for testing purposes as it was 1 of 3 packages I have installed and is not installed on the example of a non working build.

It seems all the builds that are failing are using 0.93 libiphone-dev the one I got from apt on Karmic was 0.94.

it would be nice if someone who is having the problem with the databases copying to try and build with iphone support (and the others mentioned in my previous post) so we rule out or confirm if one of these packages are causing us the problems.

Okiura,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Okiura View Post
    It seems all the builds that are failing are using 0.93 libiphone-dev the one I got from apt on Karmic was 0.94.

it would be nice if someone who is having the problem with the databases copying to try and build with iphone support (and the others mentioned in my previous post) so we rule out or confirm if one of these packages are causing us the problems.

Okiura,
    Hallo,

okay in then Debin SID repositories there is libiphone-dev with version 0.9.5. With that libgpod builds fine. Here is what autogen.sh says:
    Code:
    Configuration for libgpod 0.7.3GIT :
    --------------------------------

Host System Type .........: i686-pc-linux-gnu
     Install path .............: /usr
     Preprocessor .............: gcc 
     Compiler .................: gcc  -Wall   -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes   -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith  -Wcast-align -Wsign-compare   -Werror -std=c89  -g -O2 -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-sign-compare -Wdeclaration-after-statement -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -I/usr/include/libxml2   -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  
     Linker ...................: gcc   -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lsqlite3   -lxml2   -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0  
     Artwork support ..........: yes
     Python bindings ..........: no
     PyGObject support ........: no
     iPhone/iPod Touch support.: yes
    But unfortunately the problem still exist, no .itdb-files are written. The mk_Locations_cbk function fails

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jamesarbrown View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know 100% if libiphone-dev is needed or not?

[/CODE]
    I don't have libiphone-dev installed and I'm pretty sure I never did.

Beans

Ok,

going back a few post and looking at what Mortfrog posted i'd be inclined to agree with him, I don't think the the cbk file is being created and this is causing the the code to exit before the copy command is processed can anyone else confirm if the Locations.itdb.cbk file is being created?
    This is only created on a successful checksum so if this file is not being created we need to look more at why it is not been created (failing checksum) rather than why the files aren't being copied.

Okiura,

Beans

Okay, I have walked my way through the source code. May be this has been wored out before, but these are my findings:

In itdb_hash72.c the function "read_hash_info" tries to open a file called "/media/MYPOD/iPod_Control/Device/HashInfo". That file does not exist on my iPod. I believe I have read somewhere, that libgpod should create this file during initialization. Does anybody know where?

CU
    Ruppi

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vizzini View Post
    Okay, I have walked my way through the source code. May be this has been wored out before, but these are my findings:

In itdb_hash72.c the function "read_hash_info" tries to open a file called "/media/MYPOD/iPod_Control/Device/HashInfo". That file does not exist on my iPod. I believe I have read somewhere, that libgpod should create this file during initialization. Does anybody know where?

CU
    Ruppi
    Use the link below to create one and copy it in the Device directory, then try again see if it helps.

http://ihash.marcansoft.com/

Beans

When I try to save changes gtkpod display this:
    Code:
    Backup Database could not be found so backing up database to /home/reloaded/.gtkpod/backupDB_xC031
    Generating a HashInfo file from
    http://ihash.marcansoft.com/ gtkpod works!!!
    Thanks Okiura!
    Last edited by reloweb; January 3rd, 2010 at 08:06 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reloweb View Post
    When I try to save changes gtkpod display this:
    Code:
    Backup Database could not be found so backing up database to /home/reloaded/.gtkpod/backupDB_xC031
    That's not a major error I get that on one of my machines but everything works ok still,i think that may be related to libiphone so you can try and build w/o as it's confirmed that package isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by reloweb View Post
    Generating a HashInfo file from
    http://ihash.marcansoft.com/ gtkpod works!!!
    Thanks Okiura!
    w00t, hopefully it works for others too, i forgot i did this, it was part of my trouble shooting when i couldn't get my patch to work (which turned out to be a mistype in the code), but i never deleted this file from my ipod though, i forgot it was there

Thanks Vizzini for reminding me about the HashInfo file too

Okiura,
    Last edited by Okiura; January 3rd, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Okiura View Post
    Thanks Vizzini for reminding me about the HashInfo file too
    Thank YOU! This did the trick! Generate a HashFile put it .../iPod_Control/Device/ and transfer works!

Unfortunately I found two issues:
    (1) No transfer of cover-art (I can live with that)
    (2) No correct integration of 'Compilations'

Maybe this is 'just' a sql-problem. I hope I find time to look into next week.

Again, thank you very much
    Ruppi

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast