Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When will 13.04 be launched?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: When will 13.04 be launched?

If you're that antsy install the latest beta a week or so before the official release date and keep updating. My understanding is that an updated development install is identical to the official release. 13.04 has been pretty smooth for me from the get-go. Perhaps run bleachbit if you're concerned about obsolete packages.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kurt18947 View Post
    If you're that antsy install the latest beta a week or so before the official release date and keep updating. My understanding is that an updated development install is identical to the official release. 13.04 has been pretty smooth for me from the get-go. Perhaps run bleachbit if you're concerned about obsolete packages.
    Its out sometime tomorrow so the OP can't install it a week before release.

I suggest waiting; let other users discover if there are any problems first; and lets not overload the servers.

Beans

It's out tomorrow, lol, however I'm sticking with Quantal a little bit longer.
    Metal: HP dc5750 | OS: Arch Linux 32-bit | Kernel: 3.14.0-1-ARCH | 1.8GHz AMD Sempron 3400+ | 1.5GiB RAM | 80GiB HDD | DM/DE combo: LXDM + MATE.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If we cannot wait a couple of days, then we should not moan about the slowness of the download rate. But we will.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

I can't wait for the final version too. The 13.04 beta fixed a lot of notebook issues for me, but I want a clean install of the final

Beans

Seems pretty solid in my VM, looking forward to the eventual 'official' release.
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

If you can't wait you can download the daily build which is from yesterday. I doubt much if anything will change between it and the final release tomorrow.
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    If you can't wait you can download the daily build which is from yesterday. I doubt much if anything will change between it and the final release tomorrow.
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
    True, but the rc-install-ghost will still linger, and you'll blame it (and through it, your own impatience) if something bugs out. Such is the terror of the rc-install-ghost. The alpha- and beta-install-ghosts are nice friends to you by comparison; they WILL draw a permanent-marker-moustache on you while you sleep, but you know it and you love them for it. The rc-install-ghost, however, is when you wake up with a permanent-marker-moustache... in an empty apartment... alone... maybe...
    "Act only according to that maxim by which you can also will that it would become a universal law." - Immanuel Kant
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

Beans

Any chance it will come available at midnight? If so, I'm staying up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast