Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

didnt notice that last night, installed kdbus and x11-dbus and it seemed to of fixed it... i still get the 'clearlooks' errors though?...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by srt4lifez View Post
    didnt notice that last night, installed kdbus and x11-dbus and it seemed to of fixed it... i still get the 'clearlooks' errors though?...
    the clearlooks errors probably mean you don't have a GTK theme set. It shouldn't affect the functionality of anything.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans

I copied and pasted the lines exactly as they were for installing AWN on Hardy under the repository instructions, and I keep getting this error:

E: Type 'echo' is not known on line 56 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list

I can't access add/remove programs without getting this error:

This is a major failure of your software management system. Please check for broken packages with synaptic, check the file permissions and correctness of the file '/etc/apt/sources.list' and reload the software information with: 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get install -f'.

If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE HELP!
    It would be greatly appreciated!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kmanpwnudwn View Post
    I copied and pasted the lines exactly as they were for installing AWN on Hardy under the repository instructions, and I keep getting this error:

E: Type 'echo' is not known on line 56 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list

I can't access add/remove programs without getting this error:

This is a major failure of your software management system. Please check for broken packages with synaptic, check the file permissions and correctness of the file '/etc/apt/sources.list' and reload the software information with: 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get install -f'.

If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE HELP!
    It would be greatly appreciated!!
    sounds like you copied the repository line that your supposed to copy and paste into a terminal into the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

the word 'echo' shouldnt be in that file... open it up in a text editor and remove w/e is on line 56.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by srt4lifez View Post
    sounds like you copied the repository line that your supposed to copy and paste into a terminal into the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

the word 'echo' shouldnt be in that file... open it up in a text editor and remove w/e is on line 56.
    Even under root access I dont have permissions to edit the file. I tried copying it to the desktop, editing it, and replacing it, but it still wont let me.

I'm sure that there is some sudo command I can type in the terminal, but I'm really new to this, what exactly would I type?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kmanpwnudwn View Post
    Even under root access I dont have permissions to edit the file. I tried copying it to the desktop, editing it, and replacing it, but it still wont let me.

I'm sure that there is some sudo command I can type in the terminal, but I'm really new to this, what exactly would I type?
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
    Wow, that makes sense. I was trying to make thing's a lot harder than they needed to be. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

as soon as this works with windows managment, and launchers, you will make me very happy, for now I will have to alt tab, and fall in love with gnome-do
    blog ~~~ last.fm ~~~ twitter ~~~ digg
    Just so you know, everywhere else on the internet, I am known as mynameistux
    Its just a bunch of 1's and 0's.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I would like to find out how to sort out a problem i am having with awn , i have a fresh install of HH 8.04 , and i followed instructions to add the awn repo's from an earlier post , and i have added and now using awn properly , however there are no aplets , launchers or themes to choose from , i have read every single post here from page 1 to page 20 , i have tried to follow and correct my problem but the synaptic manager refuses to add awn extra's because of dependancies , i have tried an apt-get update and a few other things but i still cant add the extra's , is there something that i have missed , should i be trying to uninstall and reinstall .

Thanks

Rowan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Go to the AWN site and add the extras, just google adding applets for AWN and there are specific directions for doing so. http://wiki.awn-project.org/index.php?title=Awn_Extras

Just wanted to add, I am not able to drag programs into the dock like before and I have my dock to start at start-up but it goes thru a bit of ugliness first, I get a white box at top left and another one at the bottom but after a few seconds, it looks as it should.

Not sure what tweaks gOS applied to it but it runs perfect at start-up in gOS
    Last edited by yogo; June 3rd, 2008 at 03:22 PM.

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast