Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why do you keep banning my threads?

Beans

Angry Why oh why do you keep banning my threads?

I think you misunderstand them! I have a very strange way of expressing myself ._.

Like, my Futurama one is making MANY points! But subtly ._.

It is saying *ahem* -

1) That Futurama is cool, and sparking discussions about the new series on Comedy Central.

2) That it would be cool if we had stylish ads too!

3) A light parody of the Family Guy for Windows 7 thread, and a parody of MS in general

4) Also kinda saying that Futurama is cooler than Family Guy, coz Family Guy is on Fox (I know I didn't say that but in my head that was a thread of reason! hehe)

and lastly I guess it was just supposed to be a bit of light-hearted fun for the Cafe!

This is the only forum I have ever been on that bans threads like this... ever

They're just being silly, it's late at night here and it's just something to spark a light-hearted convo while I also chat with one of my good friends on Yahoo! lol

Oh I dunno ._.

I don't get it ._.

Hoppi.
    Registered Ubuntu user #28880

Beans

Re: Why oh why do you keep banning my threads?

The thread was of little value and was three people having an argument. A example post by another member was " How about you both stop the petty argument."

The thread was jailed.
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    The thread was of little value and was three people having an argument. A example post by another member was " How about you both stop the petty argument."

The thread was jailed.
    well then delete the posts don't jail the thread

Fine, whatever

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hoppipolla View Post
    I think you misunderstand them! I have a very strange way of expressing myself ._.

Like, my Futurama one is making MANY points! But subtly ._.

It is saying *ahem* -

1) That Futurama is cool, and sparking discussions about the new series on Comedy Central.

2) That it would be cool if we had stylish ads too!

3) A light parody of the Family Guy for Windows 7 thread, and a parody of MS in general

4) Also kinda saying that Futurama is cooler than Family Guy, coz Family Guy is on Fox (I know I didn't say that but in my head that was a thread of reason! hehe)

and lastly I guess it was just supposed to be a bit of light-hearted fun for the Cafe!

This is the only forum I have ever been on that bans threads like this... ever

They're just being silly, it's late at night here and it's just something to spark a light-hearted convo while I also chat with one of my good friends on Yahoo! lol

Oh I dunno ._.

I don't get it ._.

Hoppi.
    This is the second time you have posted similar questions in the Resolution Center.

I would like to remind you, the primary function of these forms are for support of Ubuntu.

Off topic posts are subject to review and if deemed inappropriate for any reason may be jailed.

We do try to "clean" threads and move offending posts to jail, leaving the original thread intact, but sometimes it is just better to jail the entire thread.

If your thread is "off topic" , ie not a support thread, it is much more likely to be jailed. We encourage you to bring such off topic discussions to another on line community or personal blog.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    This is the second time you have posted similar questions in the Resolution Center.

I would like to remind you, the primary function of these forms are for support of Ubuntu.

Off topic posts are subject to review and if deemed inappropriate for any reason may be jailed.

We do try to "clean" threads and move offending posts to jail, leaving the original thread intact, but sometimes it is just better to jail the entire thread.

If your thread is "off topic" , ie not a support thread, it is much more likely to be jailed. We encourage you to bring such off topic discussions to another on line community or personal blog.
    but every forum needs an off-topic area

I have run forums and stuff in the past and you NEED a random, off-topic area for people to mess around in... or... well... doesn't it just get too serious? And I thought that, amongst many other things, this is what the Cafe was ._.

The idea is that you are all interested in X, Y or Z (in this case Ubuntu and open source) but you can also hang out and chat about whatever and "play"

Because... that's how you get to know others ._.

Oh well, I don't really get it but I guess at least on the plus site I haven't received an infraction or anything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The cafe is the off topic, just for hanging out area. However, as our focus is tech support, we are choosing to focus our energies on dealing with real issues, not silly arguments over trivia in an off topic forum--for the off topic stuff, when problems break out, we just end them by closing or jailing the thread.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The cafe is the off topic, just for hanging out area. However, as our focus is tech support, we are choosing to focus our energies on dealing with real issues, not silly arguments over trivia in an off topic forum--for the off topic stuff, when problems break out, we just end them by closing or jailing the thread.
    +1

@ hoppipolla this should not be a surprise to you , if you read the banner the top of the Community Cafe it states clearly ...

"...Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!"
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    +1

@ hoppipolla this should not be a surprise to you , if you read the banner the top of the Community Cafe it states clearly ...

"...Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!"
    Yes, because starting a thread jokingly saying "Wouldn't it be great if Futurama supported Ubuntu?" is clearly just flamebait.

I give up

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew
    If this had happened in a support thread, we probably would have done that as support is our primary focus. In the Cafe, we close/jail and move on. We need to focus our resources according to our priorities.

That includes not having silly arguments in the resolution center. It is time to move on from this issue and get back to helping other people instead of getting upset over a silly nonsense thread that degraded into an argument on the internet.
    Have you ever thought that maybe you/we need more staff? Or maybe... I don't know... a second forum for more light-hearted Ubuntu community banter? Because... Ubuntu is growing as an OS and we will get more members, and there is nothing wrong with harmless messing around and enjoying the company of the community. Maybe something needs to be revised here, or I can see a ton more threads being jailed and stuck in Spamalot in the future simply because it's "easier" (probably followed by a lot more arguments and unhappy members here in the Resolution Center)

What's the point in a community if you can't have fun with it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This isn't a staffing problem. The issue revolves around our priorities. We want to throw our resources behind tech support and those aspects of community that build good relationships, not toward those things that devolve into arguments or drama.

There are hundreds of other places on the internet where drama and arguments are plentiful and welcome so we don't feel any particular sadness about not welcoming or fostering either in our forums.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast