Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Beans

Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Thanks a lot ALLurGroceries !

You solve my problem.
    I linked and translated your post #44 in french to help french users, here...

Beans

Nice job, thanks for linking back.

Beans

Thanks I had a Lenovo B460 and this thread helped me fix this and make my trackpad working

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

OMG what a pain in the .... after upgrading I lost my wireless driver and had a heck of a time working through that but at long last working wireless and a mouse that doesn't have a mind of it's own! Great work!
    . . . go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavements, watch T.V., save for your old age, obey the law. Repeat after me: I am free. --anonymous

Beans

Since this does its work on the X in memory it is not persistent. If you log out and back in the mousepad will be active again. This is desired behavior for me as I occasionally need to be able to use the laptop without my external mouse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

sudo apt-get install linux-source linux-headers-`uname -r` build-essential libncurses5 libncurses5-dev make-kpkg fakeroot
    What's make-kpkg? I wasn't able to locate the package.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    What's make-kpkg? I wasn't able to locate the package.
    Brutal. That's a brainfart, sorry. It's kernel-package which has make-kpkg in it. I'm surprised nobody called me out on it!

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/kernel-package

I updated my post with the instructions here...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...1&postcount=44

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks for the quick reply. I've applied the patch on Dell mini 10 running Karmic 2.6.31, and the touchpad now works as before, but when I run 'synclient AreaBottomEdge=600', the output is:
    synclient AreaBottomEdge=600
    Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?
    same for 'syndaemon -i 1 -d'
    syndaemon -i 1 -d
    Unable to find a synaptics device.

Beans

You're on a dell mini, did you force the version by manually editing the patch as in step 5.5?

In the output from
    Code:
    grep -i elantech /var/log/messages
    You should see lines like 'elantech: assuming hardware version...' and 'synaptics capabilities query result'.

Beans

I have the same touchpad on my Lenovo Ideapad Z560. What worked for me was the following:
    Code:
    sudo rmmod psmouse
    sudo modprobe psmouse proto=imps
    In order to make the change permanent you must add a file to /etc/modprobe.d/. The file must have .conf at the end. I named my file touchpad.conf. The file must have the following line:
    options psmouse proto=imps

Hope this helps.
    Ubuntu unleashed

If you're unsure what a command does then type
    Code:
    man command

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast