Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant see desktop after login

Beans

I cant see desktop after login

hi,
    i am new in lubuntu. i installed on my netbook to make my netbook faster. i used wubi to install lubuntu but after it finished its job i rebooted computer.i selected lubuntu after that i selected ubuntu and it asked me login and password . i wrote and after that it showed 4-5 lines . ( i didnt know what was these lines saying).after taht nothing happened. desktop didnt start.what should i do to start?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: I cant see desktop after login

Welcome!

Without knowing what those lines say, it's difficult to know what's going wrong. It could be graphics-card/driver-related. It could also be Wubi-related.

Someone might come along with real understanding of Wubi and give better advice, but I would suggest downloading the .iso file and creating a Live USB and testing Lubuntu out on your system that way.

To create the Live USB from the .iso in Windows, you'll need to install a program capable of that. Go to http://www.pendrivelinux.com/univers...easy-as-1-2-3/ and click on the button that says "Download Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.1.5.exe".
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans

thank you, i will try now i am downloading iso file.

Beans

i tried i booted from usb and installed but nothing happened.windows started. i rebooted again and i choosed try lubuntu without installing and now it is saying:

startin crash report submission daemon. [ok]
    stopping system v runlevel compatibility. [ok]
    starting. [ok]
    starting. [ok]
    stopping

please help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

What are the specs of the laptop? It is helpful for us to know this. If you are not 100% positive at least the make and model would be a start.

Are you booting from a USB or a CD? It is confusing to me to follow what has happened exactly. For example your last post seems to say you tried to boot from USB and nothing happened, then in the next sentence it boots but fails.

Beans

asus eee pc 101ch intel atom 1 gb ram dual core. now i am checked for errors and it is saying cehck finished:errors found in 1 files

Beans

i am booting from usb

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

i used wubi to install lubuntu but after it finished its job i rebooted computer.i selected lubuntu after that i selected ubuntu
    How many OS's do you have on the system? Do you have Lubuntu and Ubuntu both on Wubi?

i tried i booted from usb and installed but nothing happened
    You installed another copy of Lubuntu?
    Last edited by critin; November 12th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by aerol36 View Post
    hi,
    i am new in lubuntu. i installed on my netbook to make my netbook faster. i used wubi to install lubuntu but after it finished its job i rebooted computer.i selected lubuntu after that i selected ubuntu and it asked me login and password . i wrote and after that it showed 4-5 lines . ( i didnt know what was these lines saying).after taht nothing happened. desktop didnt start.what should i do to start?
    When you installed using Wubi, how did you do that? Was it from a cd or usb? Also, if that install is still there can you boot to it now and see what the errors are?

If you created your own USB where/what instructions did you follow?

Beans

i used wubi. after i open wubi i choosed lubuntu. it installed but didnt open. when i booted there was 2 choice 1.windows7 2.lubuntu after i choose lubuntu 2 choice came 1. ubuntu 2. ubuntu ...generic...(sonething like that).

wubi installer
    and now there is just one os (windows7)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast