Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Jaunty Intel Graphics Performance Guide

hi i wanted to add more about the scrolling issues.

it seems that scrolling works perfectly fine, in my opinion, with thunderbird, and also with text file in gedit. i can use hyper-scrolling and it stops on a dime.

firefox, gnome-terminal, openoffice, and evince all have laggy scrolling capabilities.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    Andrew, Your not doing anything wrong. I also have an Intel 82865G intregreated chip. I couldn't get my video working correctly following these instructions.

I found the Revert_to_2.4 method worked best for my chip.
    Thanks VMC. My framerate on PPRacer is up to 35/40. I can now concentrate when my wife wants to talk to me...............
    Andrew

Beans

Put it in ~/.xinitrc then

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
    Put it in ~/.xinitrc then
    Try again... The script needs to be executed with root privileges.

Beans

Aww, come on. Do I have to think of everything ? Set up a cron job (using root's crontab). Or chgrp adm /proc/mtrr;chmod g+rw /proc/mtrr in rc.local. Or ...

Beans

Thanks for the straightforward fix (Used "optimal"). Fullscreen videos are now running smoothly.

Cheers!

Beans

I have a new jaunty install with an intel 945 chipset. I have trouble with scrolling and fullscreen flash. I have tried the various fixes in this thread without any noticeable improvements. The main reason I'm posting is to find out where the config file for the configured video device is located. It is not in the xorg.conf file. There are no specs at all in the file. Configured Monitor section is also empty. Please let me know what info about my setup and system I have to post in order to receive support. Thank you all for your invaluable help in the past and that which you all will provide to me and the community in the future. Joeray saying FREEDOM ISN'T FREE.
    Last edited by joeray; May 16th, 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Add Info

Beans

anyone gettting "freezes"? I can only say that when I'm on random sites, say myspace or facebook and am viewing a picture or video, and scrolling quickly, my whole computer freezes. The only thing that works is the mouse, well it moves, but you cannot click anything. Caps lock does nothing when pressed, ctrl alt delete, does nothing...only way out is to hard shutdown the computer. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. It has only been doing this since I did the optimal settings.

--Steve

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This is getting more and more ridiculous. There is something to be said for an upgrade with an unforeseen problem; there is a whole different statement being made when you know about the problem before hand and you don't inform people through the official mechanism (do-release-upgrade/upgrade-manager). Why isn't there a caveat emptor notifying the user their configuration won't work after the upgrade? Certainly we know who won't be happy with this upgrade...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by EvanCarroll View Post
    This is getting more and more ridiculous. There is something to be said for an upgrade with an unforeseen problem; there is a whole different statement being made when you know about the problem before hand and you don't inform people through the official mechanism (do-release-upgrade/upgrade-manager). Why isn't there a caveat emptor notifying the user their configuration won't work after the upgrade? Certainly we know who won't be happy with this upgrade...
    You may not realize, but you're bordering within the territory of trolling. These issues have been identified in the official release notes for Jaunty; bugs are filed, and fixes will come.

See: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/rele...aphics%20cards

The purpose of this guide is for willing users to experiment with some unofficial fixes via updated drivers. If you are not willing, simply ignore this thread.

Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast