Thread: Problems on Karmic with GSM modem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy Problems on Karmic with GSM modem

Hello I am using GSM modem for Internet it worked fine when I used Jaunty and Intrepid, now I am currently using Karmic.
    When I dial with my modem it connects. and the prompt also show that it is connected. But when I try to add program from the Internet it shows no connection and Firefox acts the same. Is it a bug? If anyone has the solution plz tell me and if it is a bug then tell me how to Report it to the Ubuntu Communuty..
    Last edited by shababhsiddique; November 21st, 2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: nn

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Problems on Karmic with GSM modem

First try closing your browser, disconnecting from the network, restarting your mobile device, connect again and open up a new browser.

If that doesn't help, it's possible that you might need to check the settings for your connection. These usually depend on which GSM service provider that you connect to.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Problems on Karmic with GSM modem

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    First try closing your browser, disconnecting from the network, restarting your mobile device, connect again and open up a new browser.

If that doesn't help, it's possible that you might need to check the settings for your connection. These usually depend on which GSM service provider that you connect to.
    That does solve after about 10-15 tries ...But it is very annoying. My connection settings is set by the network automatically I can browse fine sometimes with the same settings., the problem occurs often and I have nothing to do except connect -> try -> disconnect ,,,connect -> try -> disconnect,,,connect -> try -> disconnect and so on.....

Beans
    Distro

Angry Re: Problems on Karmic with GSM modem

Quote Originally Posted by shababhsiddique View Post
    Hello I am using GSM modem for Internet it worked fine when I used Jaunty and Intrepid, now I am currently using Karmic.
    When I dial with my modem it connects. and the prompt also show that it is connected. But when I try to add program from the Internet it shows no connection and Firefox acts the same. Is it a bug? If anyone has the solution plz tell me and if it is a bug then tell me how to Report it to the Ubuntu Communuty..
    pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeee help

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shababhsiddique View Post
    pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeee help
    i figured out that its not modem problem... the problem is a http bug...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Would you please explain your "solution" a little more.

I've just got my USB Modem back from a relative after a few months and both my mini 9s do exactly the same as you say - connect but no communication, how did you get round the problem please?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mtbsoft View Post
    Would you please explain your "solution" a little more.

I've just got my USB Modem back from a relative after a few months and both my mini 9s do exactly the same as you say - connect but no communication, how did you get round the problem please?
    there was no solution i used. its a known bug of 9.10 works fine in other distros..