Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.04 - Microphone Does NOT Work - Audigy SE ???

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 10.04 - Microphone Does NOT Work - Audigy SE ???

I'm having exactly the same problems. No mic and no Skype on a CA0106, but sound output OK. I can hear my mic directly in the speakers, so I know the mic itself is OK.

Someone suggested using the mic input on the motherboard. Can someone tell me how to do that? Lucid seems unable to find my motherboard audio system -- though the input jacks are there waiting. Motherboard audio card doesn't show up in arecord, in lshw, in alsamixer or in kmix, all of which only see the CA0106 card. pavucontrol reports "no connection" and closes. I have tried physically pulling the Audigy card out of its slot, but then NO audio card shows up. I can find no relevant jumpers on the motherboard.

If anyone finds a solution, please let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've solved some of my own problem:

Quote Originally Posted by daititt View Post

Someone suggested using the mic input on the motherboard. Can someone tell me how to do that? Lucid seems unable to find my motherboard audio system -- though the input jacks are there waiting. Motherboard audio card doesn't show up in arecord, in lshw, in alsamixer or in kmix, all of which only see the CA0106 card. pavucontrol reports "no connection" and closes. I have tried physically pulling the Audigy card out of its slot, but then NO audio card shows up. I can find no relevant jumpers on the motherboard.
    My motherboard sound system was disabled in BIOS. Unfortunately, BIOS didn't say the on-board system (Realtex) was disabled. Instead, under onboard utilities, it said AZALIA was disabled. It took me hours to find out that AZALIA is the system that operates the Realtek on board device. Once I enabled it, alsamixer, etc., were all able to find the device.

The bad news is Audigy, Skype, etc. can't hear the on-board microphone any better than the CA0106 mike. So the original problem remains unsolved. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

For skype: Use a terminal="Applications->Accessories->Terminal"
    Enter these commands, one line at a time:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install linux-alsa-driver-modules-$(uname -r)
    Reboot.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by lidex View Post
    For skype: Use a terminal="Applications->Accessories->Terminal"
    Enter these commands, one line at a time:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install linux-alsa-driver-modules-$(uname -r)
    Reboot.
    Thanks for responding, Lidex. I did as you suggested, but with little success. When I set Skype mic to Ca0106 hw:0,1 or 0,2 -- or to CA0106 Center speaker, and shout, I can hear my voice returned from Skype at very low volume, very distorted (specifically, slowed down and deep). On hw:0,0 hw 0,3 or any of the other speaker settings, I hear nothing. Nor can I get Audacity to find any mike input.

I appreciate your help. Any further ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

I'd be a little more helpful if I actually used skype myself, but here's shakin' the tree.

http://blogs.skype.com/linux/2009/09...lanations.html
    http://www.blog.arun-prabha.com/2008...tup-in-ubuntu/
    Last edited by lidex; May 24th, 2010 at 04:06 AM.

Beans

have a look on how I managed to make my mic work.

ubuntu uses Pulse Audio, many do say this is a ******** but it works perfectly with my bluetooth headphones and all I need is just to touch a button on it to make the whole system work. so it's ok.

first of all you need to install Pulse Audio Volume Control. Go to System->Ubuntu software Center and install it.

After it's installed open it.Pulse Audio Volume control appears in Sound&Video section of the menu.

Go to Input Devises. You see you mic? good if so, if not I can't help you here.

There are two lines there for the Front Right and for the Front Left channal, right? Make it o% (switch it off) for the left line and apprx 50% for the right one. try the mic.

I can say that with the same adjustments it worked absolutely perfectly with Ubuntu 9.10, it was crisp and clear. with 10.04 it works fine, with a little nose though.

Ask me if you can't get anything, I'll show a picture.

And yes, I've got Acer AOD 250

And!! sorry, you need to uncheck it in skype where it's usually checked "allow Skype to adjust levels.. bla bla", it's in the sound option section. Do it before trying the mic, otherwise go to Pulse Audio Volume Control again.
    Last edited by kursk63; May 24th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Beans

maybe is to late, but in my audigy 2 to start microphone record i open alsamixer, then i pressed f4 to open capture section and set to max the mic and the analog mix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12