Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1196

Thread: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Beans

Re: Moblock (peerguardian linux alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawa View Post
    I tried to install the new moblock, but it fails with a size mismatch in the update manager.
    Was it 0.9~rc2-8 or 0.9~rc2-10?
    I had the problem myself with the -8 and therefore made a new upload.
    So if you still have problems with -10 please tell me.
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

0.9~rc2-10
    ive found a little problem
    i added some ips to the local blocklist (locallist /etc/moblock/custom-blocklist.p2p) and changed the name of each entry to 'MOTEST999' so that it would be easy to recognize them in the log
    what i get is a over 100 entries of
    Skipping useless range: MOTEST999
    i guess it could be duplicates..

several were also removed by my 'Remove lines from the blocklist' in moblock.conf

why are these skipped and why dont these manually added ips override the remove feature ?

imho either such a local list should be excepted from any removal rule or there should be a locallist_override_rules list of some sort so that im guaranteed that all entries in my local list are blocked
    hardy 64 bit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jamesford View Post
    0.9~rc2-10
    ive found a little problem
    i added some ips to the local blocklist (locallist /etc/moblock/custom-blocklist.p2p) and changed the name of each entry to 'MOTEST999' so that it would be easy to recognize them in the log
    what i get is a over 100 entries of
    Skipping useless range: MOTEST999
    i guess it could be duplicates..

several were also removed by my 'Remove lines from the blocklist' in moblock.conf

why are these skipped and why dont these manually added ips override the remove feature ?

imho either such a local list should be excepted from any removal rule or there should be a locallist_override_rules list of some sort so that im guaranteed that all entries in my local list are blocked
    This is how in the packages the lsits are loaded:

1. First all lists from blocklists.list are downloaded, extracted and cat'ted together (including the locallists),

2. then the IP_REMOVE is done.

3. the resulting list is /etc/moblock/guarding.p2p (if you have peerguardian text format blocklists). This list is loaded by the MoBlock daemon which does the range merging and skipping.

ad 2.:
    Do you really have entries there which also match your locallists? Can't you just choose some names in your locallist which are not matched by the IP_REMOVE?

ad 3.:
    AFAIK skipping is done when a range with one single IP should be loaded which is already covered by a previous range.
    I think that, if some of your ranges are skipped, then these ranges were already present in your downloaded blocklists.
    Please test this:
    - Try to ping IPs from the "Skipping useless range: MOTEST999" range.
    - Then remove your locallist and reload MoBlock. Then try to ping these IPs again.
    In both cases you should not be able to ping these IPs. Everything is working as I'd expect it and I see no need to fix anything.
    If you can ping the IPs then you've found a bug in MoBlock - which I doubt to be so.
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

Hey jre. Long time no see.
    I was thinking; i am finding myself further and further away from this thread, and i think that is sort of bad since this is where people go to fetch the newest reports etc. on what going on with moblock.
    What about you creating a new thread, where you have the "first post", and i can link to that one from this thread, until this thread is transitioned away? Just an idea...
    - "though It seems that I know that I know, what I would like to see Is the I that sees me, when I know that I know that I know" / Alan Watts

Beans

Oh, I'd like you to stay
    Of course we might change locations. Is there a possibility to CLOSE threads here?
    Thanks anyway for all your work.

Greetings!
    jre
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Beans

When you have the time, create a new thread/howto and let us know about it in this thread, and i'll update the first post accordingly, and contact a forum admin and have this thread locked.
    I will of course help out when i can. I wouldn't want to miss out on the fun!
    - "though It seems that I know that I know, what I would like to see Is the I that sees me, when I know that I know that I know" / Alan Watts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi,

I've added the MSN port to WHITE_TCP_OUT:
    Code:
    WHITE_TCP_OUT="80 443 1863"
    But I still can't connect:
    Code:
    Fri Apr 18 08:34:39| Marked block OUT: Microsoft Corp,hits: 2,DST: 65.54.239.20
    Fri Apr 18 08:35:37| Marked block OUT: Microsoft Corp,hits: 3,DST: 65.54.239.20
    Fri Apr 18 08:37:31| Marked block OUT: Microsoft Corp,hits: 4,DST: 65.54.239.20
    Fri Apr 18 08:41:20| Marked block OUT: Microsoft Corp,hits: 5,DST: 65.54.239.20
    Any ideas? I'm using Hardy Heiron and Moblock 0.9~rc2-10+hardy+i386.

Greetings,
    Pascal

Beans

Eh, are you sure you only need to whitelist *outgoing* connections?
    Use
    Code:
    netstat --tcp --udp
    to spy on your connections

You never said you have reloaded moblock, nor what configuration file you modified.
    Be verbose about these things !
    Last edited by pelle.k; April 18th, 2008 at 07:06 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

@lucien: You can also find the option to use the http method to connect in the IM client you're using. This way the only port you will have to have whitelisted is port 80.

Mobloquer- Graphical user interface for moblock.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

On Hardy I have the moblock rep. in my apt sourcelist.

There is a moblock package that shows ups in the packages to be updated.

When I try to update it I get this error:
    Code:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/moblock_0.9~rc2-10+hardy+i386_i386.deb: subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 3
    When I try to update the package through synaptic I get this error (same one but with a longer debug output):
    Code:
    (Reading database ... 129517 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace moblock 0.9~rc2-7+hardy+i386 (using .../moblock_0.9~rc2-10+hardy+i386_i386.deb) ...
     * Stopping MoBlock moblock
       ...fail!
    invoke-rc.d: initscript moblock, action "stop" failed.
    dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 3
    dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
     * Stopping MoBlock moblock
       ...fail!
    invoke-rc.d: initscript moblock, action "stop" failed.
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/moblock_0.9~rc2-10+hardy+i386_i386.deb (--unpack):
     subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 3
     * MoBlock is configured not to start automatically at boot time.
     * To change this edit the MOBLOCK_INIT entry in /etc/moblock/moblock.conf.
     * Also check /etc/default/moblock.
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/moblock_0.9~rc2-10+hardy+i386_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
    Is there a way to fix this problem.

Note I also have Mobloquer installed.

Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast