Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lubuntu desktop graphical issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: lubuntu desktop graphical issues

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    LOL, then I guess it's not a bug

I believe you but I guess I need to imagine and in that case, I'll help you blindly.
    Have you changed any settings?
    Forget the Terminal. Try to open for example PCManFM and place the Window above your Browser or vice-versa ... see if the same will happen?
    PCManFM doesn't get partially transparent. But mtPaint does, for example. It is even more weird. When the browser is minimalized, and the terminal or mtPaint not, then I can watch the video!! Right through some parts of their windows.

Because a screenshot does not catch it, I would suspect the drivers or some hardware things. I don't know how exactly screenshots are taken, but I guess it is done via software that gets info from the OS or from the desktop environment. That would indeed mean that these issues are not chaught by a screenshot, just because it could be caused by the driver or hardware.

Does this sound plausible?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Chiel92 View Post
    PCManFM doesn't get partially transparent. But mtPaint does, for example. It is even more weird. When the browser is minimalized, and the terminal or mtPaint not, then I can watch the video!! Right through some parts of their windows.
    O_o

Because a screenshot does not catch it, I would suspect the drivers or some hardware things. I don't know how exactly screenshots are taken, but I guess it is done via software that gets info from the OS or from the desktop environment. That would indeed mean that these issues are not chaught by a screenshot, just because it could be caused by the driver or hardware.
    I know a Screenshot would be great but it's ok if you can't make it, I mean it can't catch that weird thing which is actually another weird thing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen

Does this sound plausible?
    Not for me

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what is going on. Lubuntu by default doesn't do that.

Edit: Try to search here, perhaps you'll find similar cases: www.googlubuntu.com
    It could be your driver but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    Last edited by amjjawad; September 21st, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Beans

For what it's worth,

I've seen the same thing happen as the O.P. describes, but only a few times in the four months I have used Lubuntu 11.04. Nvidia graphics on that machine. Another Lubuntu 11.04 machine has never done this - it has AMD graphics.

Example: Firefox open on desktop 1. Terminal open (not minimized) on desktop 2. Switch from desktop 1 to desktop 2, and the terminal window would show the corresponding part of desktop 1 inside the terminal window. Closed the terminal, reopened it, and all was normal.

Only happened with the terminal. Also, I could not reproduce the behavior at will - it might take weeks for it to happen again. Last time I saw this was several weeks ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I now remember that LXTerminal was acting somehow like that with Lubuntu 10.04. First thing I checked with Lubuntu 11.04 was that issue and it got fixed.

I'll keep an eye on this issue and hope we could find a solution.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello Chiel92,

Is there any update? you still have the same issue?
    Have you played around with Lubuntu 11.10? it's still Beta Version but was just wondering if you have done that from LiveUSB for example? just curious how that would work on your machine?!

Downloaded an installation file on a bootable usb and just followed the instructions. I didn't do special things.
    Have you downloaded it from: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lu...Lubuntu#A11.04

I have come across some cases that users have installed "lubuntu-desktop" package on their Ubuntu installation (GNOME or Unity) and that created lots of troubles. I just want to make sure and double check that your case is different and you have installed Lubuntu 11.04 normally on a new formatted partition.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Sorry for my inactivity in this issue. I'm really busy with things concerning my study. I will dive right into this as soon as I've got any time again.

It takes time to reconstruct the bug... In the beginning the bug appeared more consequently.
    Last edited by Chiel92; October 1st, 2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: motivation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Sorry for my inactivity in this issue. I'm really busy with things concerning my study. I will dive right into this as soon as I've got any time again.
    Take your time, focus on your study and everything else can wait

Good Luck!

Beans
    Distro

I tried a little bit around recently, but unfortunately I could not reconstruct the original hanging problems. So that won't help us any further in this thread.

I'm besides switching to ubuntu studio, for audio recording reasons. So I will deinstall Lubuntu, as I won't use it anymore.
    Thanks all for your willingness to help me in these things!

Cheers
    Vim - Comfortable text editing and coding
    vim-autoformat - a code-formatting plugin for vim supporting various languages - https://github.com/Chiel92/vim-autoformat
    Vimperator - Fast browsing using keyboard only

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 Focal Fossa

You can get some basic transparency by installing xcompmgr and running it. I use this for the Cairo dock and it work perfectly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I tried a little bit around recently, but unfortunately I could not reconstruct the original hanging problems. So that won't help us any further in this thread.

I'm besides switching to ubuntu studio, for audio recording reasons. So I will deinstall Lubuntu, as I won't use it anymore.
    Thanks all for your willingness to help me in these things!

Cheers
    Whenever you want to go back to Lubuntu (and I'm sure you'll ), just PM me in case you need anything, ok?

Before you un-install, have a look at Lubuntu One Stop Thread in my signature. There are many threads and you might find the same issue over there. Just have a look

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12