Thread: Wifi connection problems [Lubuntu 13]

Beans

Wifi connection problems [Lubuntu 13]

Hi I'm very new to Linux in general and this might be a stupid question but, I can't seem to connect to wifi. I just did a clean install of Lubuntu and there doesn't seem to be any way to scan for wifi signals and even manually entering the ssid and pass key it doesn't work. Do I need to update my driver? Am I just doing something horribly wrong? Any light you could shed on this issue would be much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wifi connection problems [Lubuntu 13]

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Wifi connection problems [Lubuntu 13]

Quote Originally Posted by luke12 View Post
    Hi I'm very new to Linux in general and this might be a stupid question but, I can't seem to connect to wifi. I just did a clean install of Lubuntu and there doesn't seem to be any way to scan for wifi signals and even manually entering the ssid and pass key it doesn't work. Do I need to update my driver? Am I just doing something horribly wrong? Any light you could shed on this issue would be much appreciated.
    First, can you connect to the Internet using an ethernet cable?
    Also, please tell us what kind of computer that you are using and some specifics about it so we can better determine what the problem may be and how best to solve it. It may be as simple as installing a different broadcom driver that supports your WIFI card. Anything I say now without additional information would just be a guess because there are a number of things that could be wrong.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad