Thread: Gimp Beginner Help with Path Tool

Beans

Gimp Beginner Help with Path Tool

Hi Wonder if someone can help with this "I know I'm doing something wrong here" issue....

I am trying to make a selection from a path shape. Problem is that after making the path I have adjusted it, and when I click "Selection from Path" it is making a selection on the original path, not my adjusted path.... obviously I want the selection to be on my adjusted path.....

Thanks for helping a newbie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Gimp Beginner Help with Path Tool

Quote Originally Posted by phooboo View Post
    Hi Wonder if someone can help with this "I know I'm doing something wrong here" issue....

I am trying to make a selection from a path shape. Problem is that after making the path I have adjusted it, and when I click "Selection from Path" it is making a selection on the original path, not my adjusted path.... obviously I want the selection to be on my adjusted path.....

Thanks for helping a newbie
    I assume this is for Gimp? "Select/From path" uses the active path. When you have several paths it's hard to tell which is active. You can display the Paths list ("Windows/Dockable dialogs/Paths). If you right click on a path in that list, one of the choices is "Path to selection", so you can set the selection from any path you want.

Beans

Thanks for your help ofnuts.... I only have one path in the "Paths" dialog box.....

I just figured it out.... at least for my individual case.... i was editing part of the path before completing the entire shape.... for some reason when i first complete the shape and then edit the path i don't get the problem.

Cheers anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by phooboo View Post
    Thanks for your help ofnuts.... I only have one path in the "Paths" dialog box.....

I just figured it out.... at least for my individual case.... i was editing part of the path before completing the entire shape.... for some reason when i first complete the shape and then edit the path i don't get the problem.

Cheers anyway.
    If you need Gimp help, there are specialized forums out there... GimpTalk, GimpChat, GimpForums...