Thread: Heimdal KDC

Beans

Question Heimdal KDC

Hi,

I need instructions or pointers that tells me how to set up heimdal kdc on my ubuntu machine.

Googled for answers but could not find any. Kindly help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Kerberos

It's been a long time since I've done anything like that. IIRC, Heimdal is an implementation of Kerberos, so the instructions for MIT kerberos should also work fairly well. Here's one for Heimdal:

http://chschneider.eu/linux/server/heimdal.shtml

Beans

Re: Heimdal KDC

Thank you very much. I was able to set up KDC successfully. I have another query. Is heimdal limited only to ubuntu machines? Can i have a linux client make use of the Heimdal KDC that I have set up? If yes kindly let me know the procedure to configure a Linux machine as a Heimdal client.

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Heimdal KDC

Quote Originally Posted by vinnb View Post
    Thank you very much. I was able to set up KDC successfully. I have another query. Is heimdal limited only to ubuntu machines?
    Heimdal is available on many platforms. Further, it should interoperate with MIT Kerberos. So that means that any client, if so configured, can user your servers.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnb View Post
    Can i have a linux client make use of the Heimdal KDC that I have set up? If yes kindly let me know the procedure to configure a Linux machine as a Heimdal client.
    Thanks in advance
    There's some community documentation on kerberos. I'd start there. Also look at the documentation for Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM).

Beans

Migration of Services from Ubuntu 8.04 toUbuntu 12.04.

Migration of Services from Ubuntu 8.04 toUbuntu 12.04.
    We upgrade Ubuntu 8.04 toUbuntu 12.04.In our environment Ldap, Samba and Kerberos Heimdal are integrated with each other.(Single sign on authentication for Mail, OpenAFS and Domain login)
    I restored Ldap through slapadd command.
    Anyone can help me to migrate/restore kerberos heimdal database from Ubuntu 8.04 toUbuntu 12.04.
    I will be thankful.