Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    EDIT 2: Yes, I'm an icon freak. But I suspect I'm not the only one in this thread.
    You're right. Here is another icon freak. I don't fancy NuoveXT icon theme, though.

Anyway, this is the state of my desktop after another change... I followed one of the advices I received in the thread. I'm using Docker on auto-hiding mode, so I only need that dreaded tray when I really need it. The task list, however, is a different battle. I'm sticking with Tint Task Manager for now, first of all because I didn't learn how to configure Visibility properly yet and secondly because I really don't want to see all those icons in my task list. It's a bit odd how things change. While I am in GNOME (which I don't for some days now... Boy, I love Openbox), I have AWN on the bottom of the screen because I was tired of the regular window list at the GNOME panel, so I preferred some bouncing icons to tell me what applications I was using... However, here at OB, I'm totally for text and no icons over the wallpaper. So, I'm in a dillema. If only it was possible to present open applications of all workspaces on TTM, I would ditch Visibility permanently... I really could use some more help on this.

Nevertheless, now I have the clock and the name of the desktop on the top-right. Corbel font, because I like the way the numbers are presented. Segoe is still used in the remaining desktop, except the windows titles.

Last edited by What is in a name?; August 19th, 2007 at 04:34 AM.
    In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk.R.Gently View Post
    Professional Architect #22.

In a busy day in a busy office. Our lucky business suit wearing man smiles and approaches today like any other - with a smile and free from conscience. He smiles at the lady in the corner who always sees him come in. Jobs like this... are really special.

BBQ Chicken Day!
    OMG, those fonts are absolutely stunning, some of the best I've seen. What font is that, and how on earth did you get them looking that good?
    "Steve Ballmer is one of the most clever & the most charismatic characters of Microsoft."

Then I'd hate to see what one of their real gimboid retards looks like.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Here is a bit modified

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by josys36 View Post
    Wallpaper Wallpaper where are you????

Jason
    I posted link to download on this board. Not sure of page number tho.
    Current Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 18.04 X64
    Ubuntu User for 10+ Years...
    Phone: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 on Android O

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by What is in a name? View Post
    If only it was possible to present open applications of all workspaces on TTM, I would ditch Visibility permanently... I really could use some more help on this.
    You already have an app that does that pypanel!
    You just need to edit this line in ~/.pypanelrc
    Code:
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Show All Applications: Show apps from all desktops or just the current
    # 0: Disabled - Only applications on the current desktop will be displayed
    # 1: Enabled  - Selected apps are moved to the current desktop
    # 2: Enabled  - Current desktop is changed to the selected apps desktop
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SHOWALL         = 0             # 0, 1 or 2 - see descriptions above
    Just change it to 1 or 2

EDIT: If you do this TTM will lose it's purpose (I don't know if TTM can be configured to do the same)
    Last edited by el mariachi; August 19th, 2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: forgot to mentio the meaning of life
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by What is in a name? View Post
    However, here at OB, I'm totally for text and no icons over the wallpaper. So, I'm in a dillema. If only it was possible to present open applications of all workspaces on TTM, I would ditch Visibility permanently... I really could use some more help on this.
    Why don't you use Pypanel's task list? It can show windows from all desktops, and you can disable window icons (and have only text). If you play around with the colours and transparency a bit, you can get something that looks quite nice. If you want to have a tint-like look, you can play with the vertical lines (which will show between each item on your task list), by giving them the colour of your wallpaper. Have a look at the .pypanelrc file in your home directory.

Or you can just forget about the whole thing. Do you really need a task list? I've been using Openbox without a panel or task list for a while now. It takes some getting used to, but once you're settled in a panel-free environment, you'll have a hard time moving back to a panel I use the alt-tab dialog to switch between windows, or sometimes even skippy (in the repos).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

How can I make my panels transparent like this picture? I've tried through the panel properties but I can't get the whole panel to become transparent. The systray and the date/clock remain gray.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Screw you guys I'm going home!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Wallpaper is from http://firefoxy.vegard2.no.
    Icon theme is Buuf 1.02. It's on GnomeLook.
    Dock is Kiba-Dock.
    Cairo clock in the left bottom corner.
    Theme is the stock "Glossy" theme.
    Desktop effects by Compiz-fusion.

Clean.
    Home/terminal.
    Kiba-dock.
    Cube.
    Last edited by DrumScum; August 19th, 2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: I screwed up...

Beans

I've finished my Openbox Ealm theme -- some minor colour changes and fixes. You can download it here, and admire its elegance in the screenshot below

Feedback is very welcome.

Edit: made some adjustments to the theme: the buttons on the inactive window are now invisible until you hover over them with the mouse. New version also uploaded to Box-look. See the second screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by urukrama; August 19th, 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by urukrama View Post
    I've finished my Openbox Ealm theme -- some minor colour changes and fixes. You can download it here, and admire its elegance in the screenshot below

Feedback is very welcome.
    I Like it. I'll give it a try next month!
    Btw urukrama, I know you already mentioned what fonts are you using but could you tell where which is applied? They look very sleek.

I tried MgOpen and DreamSpeak and both look somewhat bad -using DejaVu Sans Extra Light and Segoe Light
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast