Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1202

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: New music player - Exaile!

how did you find it?is really good?any bugs on it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by betes View Post
    I've just installed exaile to give it a try and I'm impressed. Excellent work to all involved. I have a few questions that I searched around for answers to but can't find answers to. Thanks for any help with one or all of these:

1) Exaile playback is slightly quieter than Amarok (that is if both are set at the same %Volume). Its not a problem, since Exaile is plenty loud, but I'm just curious if this is normal. .
    This is caused by a bug in the gstreamer equalizer. Running exaile with the command line option --no-equalizer will bring the volume back to a normal level.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by panaretos22 View Post
    If you're asking me then I really do like Exaile, and consider it the best audio player for the Gnome desktop at the moment. It's got a nice design and everything that I want to it to do works.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    Are there any plans to use musicbrainz for metadata retrieval? I listen to a lot of audio CDs and it can be annoying when it doesn't pick up track info.
    No there are no plans right now, perhaps you should request this feature. (file a 'wishlist' bug against exaile in launchpad)

Quote Originally Posted by panaretos22 View Post
    Try it and find out. http://www.exaile.org/downloads
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You could also see synic (Exaile's author) first opening post for this thread...

Just trying it out - the official gutsy's repo's 0.2.10 version of it...

Finding it awesome though painfully slow on my 450Mhz Pentium III 512MB RAM PC...

Oh well...
    jdackle ~ Linux Counter user # 274021 ~ Ubuntu Counter User # 17154

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdackle View Post
    You could also see synic (Exaile's author) first opening post for this thread...

Just trying it out - the official gutsy's repo's 0.2.10 version of it...

Finding it awesome though painfully slow on my 450Mhz Pentium III 512MB RAM PC...

Oh well...
    try using the devel version (there's a repo on exaile's downloads page), and installing python-psyco. that may speed things up a bit (at the cost of using more ram).
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    and installing python-psyco. that may speed things up a bit (at the cost of using more ram).
    Thanks reacocard....

python-psyco really boost my PC and I cannot say that it "eats" so
    much resources.

(running exaile from bzr)

Beans

Thanks to Imdano I got the volume worked out.

Also, updating to 0.2.11 seemed to solve the problem of not sorting aac a in tracks order (within an album). However, using daap streaming to listen to my music on my laptop (streamed from my desktop) the aac files still appear in my library in alphabetical order rather than according to the track number tag.

Is this a problem related to daap streaming or is there a chance one of my machines isn't as up-to-date as the other?

One more question: Does anyone know where to find a large image (.png or other) of the Exaile icon. I use a launcher screenlet/widget and the Exaile icon is too small to appear clearly next to the other launchers.

Thanks, and again, this is a great program.
    Last edited by betes; December 10th, 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by plun View Post
    Thanks reacocard....

python-psyco really boost my PC and I cannot say that it "eats" so
    much resources.

(running exaile from bzr)
    it's about 5-10MB overhead for me. not terrible but noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by betes View Post
    Thanks to Imdano I got the volume worked out.

Also, updating to 0.2.11 seemed to solve the problem of not sorting aac a in tracks order (within an album). However, using daap streaming to listen to my music on my laptop (streamed from my desktop) the aac files still appear in my library in alphabetical order rather than according to the track number tag.

Is this a problem related to daap streaming or is there a chance one of my machines isn't as up-to-date as the other?

One more question: Does anyone know where to find a large image (.png or other) of the Exaile icon. I use a launcher screenlet/widget and the Exaile icon is too small to appear clearly next to the other launchers.

Thanks, and again, this is a great program.
    the daap plugin has its own sorting code, it's likely just not been updated to reflect the changes in the collection. as for the icon, I have no idea but synic probably has one so you could ask him (arolson at gmail dot com).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    try using the devel version (there's a repo on exaile's downloads page), and installing python-psyco. that may speed things up a bit (at the cost of using more ram).
    Thanks reacocard!

I'll try it out the python-psyco thing and update to the latest stable Exaile - my system hasn't been so healthy lately and I don't want to install any development version at this moment; actually, I try and avoid dev unstable versions as much as possible.

Cheers!

EDIT: BTW, I've just noticed the GPG key from the Exaile repo is signed by you - are you the new main developer or the Ubuntu maintainer?
    jdackle ~ Linux Counter user # 274021 ~ Ubuntu Counter User # 17154

Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast