Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android surpasses iPhone

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Android surpasses iPhone

(After waiting a while for someone else to make a thread on this...I've decided to move my lazy a$s .)

Well...as an Android+Linux user this trend is def. a good news for most of us. When a company like Google decides to put their money on a open technology adoption do happen! Not long back I read somewhere that Android has surpassed iPhone in mobile browsing trends. So guess this is just a natural progression!

Outcome: Google will get more ad clicks and more downloads at their marketplace. So I guess its party time a Google headquarters!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20...dStoriesArea.1

BTW can't resist posting a user's comment from the same site, loved it

Perhaps the most significant, reason is that since Wozniak (the real brain behind great apple ideas) it was left to a total self obsessive moron inflamed by his own greed and ego... ergo... Steve Jobs. He consistently tries to use his computer business to try to conquer some imaginary world only he and his band of obsessive compulsives want to inhabit. Even a dummy can see this is not the way business works. You appeal to the mass market, not some anal cliche of wannabees and expect everyone else to 'get' your thing.

Of course Google will overtake iphone and then the ipadddy thing too, Why? because they know that quality counts but cost, freedom of choice and connectivity matter far more, most electronic devices are junked within 5 years of manufacture. Apple fanboys and light weight media looking for stories might not like it, but most of the world has no real interest in Steve Jobs or his weird control freak obsessions.

I loved Apple products years ago, now they are just media buffoons selling junk dressed as scifi play toys.
    Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol.

Beans

Re: Android surpasses iPhone

Even a dummy can see this is not the way business works. You appeal to the mass market, not some anal cliche of wannabees and expect everyone else to 'get' your thing.
    I guess not, I mean making 3 billion dollars in profit in a quarter, almost doubling their previous tally is not really how the business works.

Oh wait.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I read about these news, this morning.

And I'm glad. I do not like the way Apple does business at all.

I also ordered an Android mobile phone yesterday. So I'm excited to try it out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

home run

time to beat rim now woot

2010 = year of linux in the mobile ^^

FRUIT THEMED TOYMAKER Apple has been brought down to earth by figures showing that the Iphone is being outsold by devices running the Android operating system.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...vertake-iphone
    Last edited by madjr; May 11th, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

One phone/company vs masses; I'd say apple is doing well. I don't like the iphone, but it didn't become the number one handset by being junk.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The question is, how long will Steve Jobs be able to hold out against the growing wave of decent Android smartphones? Given that size of the user base is vital to the commercial viability of any applications store, developers must be looking at these latest figures, along with those served up by Admob last month, and wondering why they should have to worry about getting their apps past Jobs' notorious App Store censors.
    ^^^and that's what I am talking about....

On a personal level...I am using a Android Phone (HTC Magic) since Dec' 09 and this phone never leaves my side. Now am on 2.1 firmware and its implementation of Microsoft Exchange, Twitter, Gmail etc. makes it a heck of a phone. The hacks at XDA satisfies the cravings of the geek inside me .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    it didn't become the number one handset by being junk.
    Er, it's not the number one. Nokia and RIM are the top dogs in the smartphone market, and nobody's going to be shifting them any time soon.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amitabhishek View Post
    (After waiting a while for someone else to make a thread on this...I've decided to move my lazy a$s .)

Apparently you didn't notice the many other threads on this piece of news: this thread has been moved to recurring discussions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by chappajar View Post
    Apparently you didn't notice the many other threads on this piece of news: this thread has been moved to recurring discussions.
    I did a search before making but the closest thing I found was this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...d+beats+iphone

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amitabhishek View Post
    I did a search before making but the closest thing I found was this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...d+beats+iphone
    Sorry amitabhishek, I was being sarcastic. As far as I can see there are no other threads on this news either (that link is for something related but different).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast