Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    I do not maintain my own changelog, however AWN bzr has one: https://code.launchpad.net/~awn-core/awn/trunk

Just look for the revision number matching the number in the bzrXXX part of my package's version. If you get an update and that number doesn't change, then it was just a packaging change.
    Awesome info! I'll have to bookmark it, as well as the page for awn-extras. I just got the single update for the extras and it's great to be able to see what's changed.

I am seeing something that's confusing me a little. Launchpad says AWN is up to 0.2.6, but my awn-manager is reporting as 0.3.1. Am I missing something here? I know I probably need some more coffee, but I've been meaning to ask for a while and keep forgetting.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Awesome info! I'll have to bookmark it, as well as the page for awn-extras. I just got the single update for the extras and it's great to be able to see what's changed.

I am seeing something that's confusing me a little. Launchpad says AWN is up to 0.2.6, but my awn-manager is reporting as 0.3.1. Am I missing something here? I know I probably need some more coffee, but I've been meaning to ask for a while and keep forgetting.
    My packages are built straight from bzr, which is given the odd number 0.3.1 to mark it as the devel version. Before each official stable release, the code is branched off and given an even version like 0.2.6 to indicate its stability.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Problem with notification area applet

I am trying to configure the AWN, I have Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 updated and AWN update to the latest (as explained in this howto).

Some icons do not appear in the notification area, and when they appear, the do it with a white squeare around, which makes the whole AWN look "not nice"... (consider the aforementioned color as the system default color for the panel)...

In the same way, I cannot make the volume control applet to work correctly... also, I use AMSN, and it doesn't load correctly in the AWN notification area (it usually "gets lost" - it is connected and operating but it doesnt appear in the AWN - )

Are those problems because AWN is not completely compatible with Hardy? or it is just the fault of my Ubuntu / AWN configuration?

Is there a way to make AWN move the icons in a carrousel like Cairo-dock?

Thanks and excuse my inexperience, I am new with AWN...

- Raul

Beans

Re: Problem with notification area applet

Quote Originally Posted by rausuar View Post
    I am trying to configure the AWN, I have Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 updated and AWN update to the latest (as explained in this howto).

Some icons do not appear in the notification area, and when they appear, the do it with a white squeare around, which makes the whole AWN look "not nice"... (consider the aforementioned color as the system default color for the panel)...

In the same way, I cannot make the volume control applet to work correctly... also, I use AMSN, and it doesn't load correctly in the AWN notification area (it usually "gets lost" - it is connected and operating but it doesnt appear in the AWN - )

Are those problems because AWN is not completely compatible with Hardy? or it is just the fault of my Ubuntu / AWN configuration?

Is there a way to make AWN move the icons in a carrousel like Cairo-dock?

Thanks and excuse my inexperience, I am new with AWN...

- Raul
    the systray applet for AWN just sucks right now. I suggest you use a different systray, either the one in gnome-panel or a standalone one like trayer. There are plans to improve the one in AWN but it's not a simple problem so it will be a while before it gets fixed.

as for the carrousel thing, no.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Problem with notification area applet

Thanks reacocard! your answer has been very useful! - Raul

Beans

You can remove them in gconf-editor, the relevant key is apps->avant-window-navigator->window_manager->launchers
    Reacocard, thank you SO much for a wonderful app. I am having the same problem, but when I look for the key as mentioned, I have, under the apps/avant-window-navigator key, just 'applets'. AWM is definitely installed, however. Suggestions?

Beans

Hi.

I've installed AWN but when I click on AWN in accessories, something tries to open in the top left of the screen but it flashes away so fast that I have no idea what it is.

Basically AWN doesn't open for me. I've installed 7.10 today after having issues with Heron.

Beans

My packages are built straight from bzr, which is given the odd number 0.3.1 to mark it as the devel version. Before each official stable release, the code is branched off and given an even version like 0.2.6 to indicate its stability.
    Cool. I should have realized it was something like this. Thanks for the quick answer.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: functional eye-candy with Avant-Window-Navigator

Thanks for the guide . But i have a problem and cant run AWN . I had a previous installation of AWN for gutsy, but wanted to try this new one. So i followed your uninstall guide plus i removed from synaptic everything that related to "awn", "libawn" or "avant-window-mananger". Then i followed your guide for the Hardy Heron repository version and all went well, apparently, but i cant start AWN, nothing happens when i call it, either from the menu or terminal. With the latter i get this output:

Code:
    fermin@fermin-laptop:~$ avant-window-navigator 
    avant-window-navigator: symbol lookup error: avant-window-navigator: undefined symbol: awn_vfs_init
    Any ideas what could be the problem? I unistalled and installed again and didnt solve the problem. I also followed another install guide from this page:

unistalling first and i get the same problem (same output)

Please help me , now i cant get AWN to work at all

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm having this exact problem. Everything worked fine before "upgrading" to Heron. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLU View Post
    Hi.

I've installed AWN but when I click on AWN in accessories, something tries to open in the top left of the screen but it flashes away so fast that I have no idea what it is.

Basically AWN doesn't open for me. I've installed 7.10 today after having issues with Heron.

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast