Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: PCSX2 0.9.3 Released for Linux!

Beans

Re: PCSX2 0.9.3 Released for Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Playable framerate requires an overclocked core 2 duo. Some graphics-intensive games like resident evil are going to also require a decent (read: 7600gt or better). People will sugarcoat this but that's the reality.
    hm intresting, i figured id need a duo core so my 3700 single core wont be enough, but i tought i would need at least a 7800 to run this, if a 7600gt can do it my 6800gs most likely can do the job as welll when i upgrade my core il give it a try ty for the input.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    How exactly do you use this? I put the game in and nothing happens.
    You also have to run the program.

(Give details. Your question tells us nothing.)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mizarus View Post
    hm intresting, i figured id need a duo core so my 3700 single core wont be enough, but i tought i would need at least a 7800 to run this, if a 7600gt can do it my 6800gs most likely can do the job as welll when i upgrade my core il give it a try ty for the input.
    Bitterness: I have a 7800gt and can barely run most games on my 2.6 Ghz dual core AMD x2.

If you're terribly curious, developer zerofrog posted a small novel on the PCSX2 blog entitled "PCSX2 Optimization," which details some of the problems with offloading work to the graphics card and simultaneously making emulation playable. You'll have to scroll down a bit to find it, as the blog posts cannot be linked directly.

Anyway, yes, your 6800GS will most likely be fine for most games.

It should be noted that zerofrog is planning a large update to the opengl rendering engine for the next version, and all of this may change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

OK so how do you run the program, please excuse me I'm not too bright.

Beans

If you have followed the instructions in the first post in order to compile it from SVN, the program can be run by going to the directory you installed it into, choosing the bin folder, and then running pcsx2.

You will want to change some of the settings under Config, such as enabling all of the recompilers in the ZeroGS plugin, and multicore support if you have it. Also, you should select a dvdrom plugin so that you can run your games from the discs themselves, which your first post implies you have.

You will also need to have a PS2 bios in your pcsx2/bin/bios folder. This can be dumped from your PS2 using instructions found elsewhere. You can also er....find them.

After that, clicking Run CD from the file menu in pcsx2 will run your game.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Do you still use the CG Nvidia toolkit even if your using an ATI card?
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans

This emulator rocks! Too bad it needs a beefed-up PC to run a game properly. :/

Beans

Can I get 30FPS in RE4? watch my sig
    64bit and dual core will be used

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Always seem to come to a halt here.. I read that installing the GC Nvidia kit may help, but I'm using an ATI card so should I still install it?

Code:
    ----------------------
    Building ZeroGS OpenGL
    ----------------------
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking whether build environment is sane... yes
    checking for gawk... no
    checking for mawk... mawk
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
    checking whether the C compiler works... yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling... no
    checking for suffix of executables... 
    checking for suffix of object files... o
    checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
    checking for style of include used by make... GNU
    checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
    checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking for ranlib... ranlib
    checking debug build... no
    checking for _aligned_malloc... no
    checking for _aligned_free... no
    checking for development build...... no
    checking check for sse2...... yes
    checking for a x86-64 CPU... no
    checking gtk2+... checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
    checking OpenGL... checking for GL/gl.h... yes
    checking for GL/glu.h... yes
    checking for GL/glext.h... yes
    checking for main in -lGL... yes
    checking for main in -lGLU... yes
    checking Cg... checking for main in -ljpeg... yes
    checking for main in -lpthread... yes
    checking for main in -lstdc++... yes
    checking for main in -lz... yes
    checking for main in -ldl... yes
    checking for main in -lXxf86vm... yes
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating Linux/Makefile
    config.status: executing depfiles commands
    Configuration:
      Target system type:    
      x86-64 build?        no
      Debug build?         no
      Dev build?               no
      SSE2 enabled?            yes
    Making clean in Linux
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/Linux'
    test -z "libZeroGSLinux.a" || rm -f libZeroGSLinux.a
    rm -f *.o
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/Linux'
    Making clean in .
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl'
    test -z "libZeroGSogl.a" || rm -f libZeroGSogl.a
    test -z "libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2" || rm -f libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2
    rm -f *.o
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl'
    Making install in Linux
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/Linux'
    if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"zerogsogl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ZeroGSogl\ 0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"zerofrog@gmail.com\" -DPACKAGE=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DVERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DNDEBUG=1 -DRELEASE_TO_PUBLIC=1 -DZEROGS_SSE2=1 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLU_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLEXT_H=1 -I. -I. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12   -I../ -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -MT libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.Tpo" -c -o libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.o `test -f 'callbacks.c' || echo './'`callbacks.c; \
            then mv -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.Tpo" ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"zerogsogl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ZeroGSogl\ 0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"zerofrog@gmail.com\" -DPACKAGE=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DVERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DNDEBUG=1 -DRELEASE_TO_PUBLIC=1 -DZEROGS_SSE2=1 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLU_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLEXT_H=1 -I. -I. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12   -I../ -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -MT libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.Tpo" -c -o libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.o `test -f 'Conf.cpp' || echo './'`Conf.cpp; \
            then mv -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.Tpo" ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"zerogsogl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ZeroGSogl\ 0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"zerofrog@gmail.com\" -DPACKAGE=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DVERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DNDEBUG=1 -DRELEASE_TO_PUBLIC=1 -DZEROGS_SSE2=1 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLU_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLEXT_H=1 -I. -I. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12   -I../ -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -MT libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.Tpo" -c -o libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.o `test -f 'interface.c' || echo './'`interface.c; \
            then mv -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.Tpo" ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"zerogsogl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ZeroGSogl\ 0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"zerofrog@gmail.com\" -DPACKAGE=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DVERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DNDEBUG=1 -DRELEASE_TO_PUBLIC=1 -DZEROGS_SSE2=1 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLU_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLEXT_H=1 -I. -I. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12   -I../ -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -MT libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.Tpo" -c -o libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.o `test -f 'Linux.cpp' || echo './'`Linux.cpp; \
            then mv -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.Tpo" ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"zerogsogl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ZeroGSogl\ 0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"zerofrog@gmail.com\" -DPACKAGE=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DVERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DNDEBUG=1 -DRELEASE_TO_PUBLIC=1 -DZEROGS_SSE2=1 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLU_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLEXT_H=1 -I. -I. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12   -I../ -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -fPIC -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -MT libZeroGSLinux_a-support.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-support.Tpo" -c -o libZeroGSLinux_a-support.o `test -f 'support.c' || echo './'`support.c; \
            then mv -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-support.Tpo" ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-support.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libZeroGSLinux_a-support.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    rm -f libZeroGSLinux.a
    ar cru libZeroGSLinux.a libZeroGSLinux_a-callbacks.o libZeroGSLinux_a-Conf.o libZeroGSLinux_a-interface.o libZeroGSLinux_a-Linux.o libZeroGSLinux_a-support.o 
    ranlib libZeroGSLinux.a
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/Linux'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/Linux'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl/Linux'
    Making install in .
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl'
    if gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"zerogsogl\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ZeroGSogl\ 0.96.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"zerofrog@gmail.com\" -DPACKAGE=\"ZeroGSogl\" -DVERSION=\"0.96.2\" -DNDEBUG=1 -DRELEASE_TO_PUBLIC=1 -DZEROGS_SSE2=1 -DHAVE_GL_GL_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLU_H=1 -DHAVE_GL_GLEXT_H=1 -I. -I.  -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12    -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12    -I/opt/cg/include -L/opt/cg/lib -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer  -MT libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.Tpo" -c -o libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.o `test -f 'GSmain.cpp' || echo './'`GSmain.cpp; \
            then mv -f ".deps/libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.Tpo" ".deps/libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    In file included from GSmain.cpp:39:
    zerogs.h:36:19: error: Cg/cg.h: No such file or directory
    zerogs.h:37:21: error: Cg/cgGL.h: No such file or directory
    zerogs.h:119: error: ‘CGprogram’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h:127: error: ‘CGprogram’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h:128: error: ‘CGparameter’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h:129: error: ‘CGparameter’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h:130: error: ‘CGparameter’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h: In constructor ‘FRAGMENTSHADER::FRAGMENTSHADER()’:
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘prog’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sMemory’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sFinal’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sBitwiseANDX’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sBitwiseANDY’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sInterlace’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sCLUT’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sOneColor’
    zerogs.h:123: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sBitBltZ’
    zerogs.h:124: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTexAlpha2’
    zerogs.h:124: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTexOffset’
    zerogs.h:124: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTexDims’
    zerogs.h:124: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTexBlock’
    zerogs.h:124: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fClampExts’
    zerogs.h:124: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTexWrapMode’
    zerogs.h:125: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fRealTexDims’
    zerogs.h:125: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTestBlack’
    zerogs.h:125: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fPageOffset’
    zerogs.h:125: error: class ‘FRAGMENTSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘fTexAlpha’
    zerogs.h: At global scope:
    zerogs.h:140: error: ‘CGprogram’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h:141: error: ‘CGparameter’ does not name a type
    zerogs.h: In constructor ‘VERTEXSHADER::VERTEXSHADER()’:
    zerogs.h:139: error: class ‘VERTEXSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘prog’
    zerogs.h:139: error: class ‘VERTEXSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sBitBltPos’
    zerogs.h:139: error: class ‘VERTEXSHADER’ does not have any field named ‘sBitBltTex’
    zerogs.h: At global scope:
    zerogs.h:171: error: ‘CGparameter’ does not name a type
    ZeroGSShaders/zerogsshaders.h:27: error: ‘CGcontext’ does not name a type
    ZeroGSShaders/zerogsshaders.h:29: error: ‘CGprogram’ does not name a type
    make[1]: *** [libZeroGSogl_a-GSmain.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vforviktor/pcsx2/plugins/gs/zerogs/opengl'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    Error with building plugins
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed Man View Post
    Always seem to come to a halt here.. I read that installing the GC Nvidia kit may help, but I'm using an ATI card so should I still install it?

Code:
    ----------------------
    <snip>
    Yes, you should still install the Nvideo CG tools. I have an ATI card as well and it worked for me. Now for something more trivial, how do I actually run PCSX2 after compiling from SVN source as in the original post?

*edit*
    So I found the pcsx2/bin directory, so that's settled.

When I try to load my GT4 iso I get this error:

*edit*

OK so that was due to no BIOS being present, that is taken care of. Now when I load my GT4 iso, it goes to the screen that you usually get on a PS2 when there's no disk inserted. (Where you choose from memory card or browser etc.). I get this problem with both the V12 PAL BIOS and the V12 USA BIOS'.
    Last edited by brodiepearce; July 5th, 2007 at 04:37 AM.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast