Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Beans

Re: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

This may just be a huge coincidence, but it has been pointed out to me that GOG's special announcement will be on the 18th of October which just so happens to be the same day that Ubuntu 12.10 is released. We'll just have to wait and see as to whether that means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sableyes View Post
    Just dont have time for them anymore Missus has bought all but 1 humble bundle scince they started and I haven't played a single game from them yet

Last game I played was.... Machinarium or Penumbra.... Long time ago!
    My sincere condolences. Perhaps it is time to make time?

Beans

With less than 10 000 members in the Linux group in Steam, and less than 10 000 votes on the Linux request in GOG, I have to wonder where the millions of Linux users are, and if there even are several 10 000 Linux gamers. On a positive note, xyem in the Linux request on GOG just pointed out that at the time of writing, the Linux request has 82% of the votes that the Windows 7 request has. Not bad!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    With less than 10 000 members in the Linux group in Steam, and less than 10 000 votes on the Linux request in GOG, I have to wonder where the millions of Linux users are, and if there even are several 10 000 Linux gamers. On a positive note, xyem in the Linux request on GOG just pointed out that at the time of writing, the Linux request has 82% of the votes that the Windows 7 request has. Not bad!
    Most of the Linux users aren't even aware of these petitions and groups, and many of them if they did, wouldn't bother joining. Out of all the people that use Linux, I'm sure a nice percentage would use Steam and GOG when/if they come to Linux.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    Most of the Linux users aren't even aware of these petitions and groups, and many of them if they did, wouldn't bother joining. Out of all the people that use Linux, I'm sure a nice percentage would use Steam and GOG when/if they come to Linux.
    I do hope you're right. Still, missing these petitions and groups when every little piece of information is widely publicized today seems odd. Also, these companies are showing interest. Now it's time that Linux users appear in throngs and show them that Linux is worth it, especially when it's so easy. If they can't be bothered to do so, one cannot blame companies for lack of Linux support.

Beans

I don't know what is happening but I think it's great. The Linux request on GOG is now getting votes every few seconds, has gotten over 150 votes today, and has moved to being the top most voted request this week. It will soon move back into third place overall as well if this continues. Keep it up you guys. Show GOG it's worth it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    I don't know what is happening but I think it's great. The Linux request on GOG is now getting votes every few seconds, has gotten over 150 votes today, and has moved to being the top most voted request this week. It will soon move back into third place overall as well if this continues. Keep it up you guys. Show GOG it's worth it.
    It's currently the top post on /r/linux.

Beans

And we're back in third place! Keep it up and we might get to second place tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carborundum View Post
    It's currently the top post on /r/linux.
    Yup, checked Reddit, and there it was. I should really get an account.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Voted as #6747
    This is my signature

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I put my vote in too. Been using GOG for years now, but have had to resort to Windows to play the games. Wine compatibility is sketchy, some work great, others not at all. A great deal of the games they sell are essentially just prepacked with DOSBOX, perhaps they could work on those first (probably the easiest to port).
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    I don't bother signing petitions, they never seem to go anywhere. I might possibly use GoG if they offered native linux software however I disliked steam even before I migrated to linux.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    Free Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast