Page 100 of 179 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmode View Post
    How come I can't rewind or fast forward with mplayer plugin?
    MPlayerplug-in or Gecko Media Player? Anyway, it won't always work, that's just the way it is. Depends on the type of video etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-freak View Post
    MPlayerplug-in or Gecko Media Player? Anyway, it won't always work, that's just the way it is. Depends on the type of video etc.
    ah ok I understand. I was afraid my plugin was broken. Thanks

Beans

Hi,

I am trying to get a 32-bit 8.04 desktop Ubuntu Firefox to install the flash player for youtube content. When I follow the on screen Adobe prompts, it installs but then says it is aready installed. Does not work after restart.

So, I am sorry I have not read all 100 pages here, I did search it, but need help. I tried the suggested:

sudo apt-get remove gnash gnash-common icedtea-gcjwebplugin libflash-mozplugin libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash openjdk-6-jre openjdk-6-jre-headless openjdk-6-jre-lib swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse gstreamer0.10-pitfdll liblame0 non-free-codecs sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin unrar

but got:

E: could not find package non-free-codecs

thanks for any ideas,
    halgar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Run these lines again (change intrepid to your Ubuntu version):
    Code:
    sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update
    The medibuntu non-free repository provides the "non-free-codecs" package. Then try the mammoth command again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

thanks..alot...been banging my head all day.....Thank you and this great forum.......ubuntu is super but a different animal from windows...great learning curve..

Beans

I am having the same problem with news at comcast.net. At youtube all I did was click the link to the plugs.

So is the instructions is to paste:
    sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/ubuntu.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update

After saw all of these programs had not been installed. So tried them. The second 1 ,likedicedtea-gcjwebplugin, I liked
    and downloaded it. Now I can watch videos at comcast.
    Last edited by Camilia; December 15th, 2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: adding

Beans

I am happy to report that I will be able to tell the other members of my tribe a simpler, non-line-command way to get youtube flash working on 8.04 32-bit.

Although, I did not experiment to find out, my preveious attempts could have failed because:
    1. I did not put on the 203 updates
    2. I did not save the adobe file and close firefox before installing
    3. I had installed some 3rd-party virtualization client software.

This time I:
    1. Installed 8.04 desktop 32-bit
    2. Used Update manager to get the 203 updates
    3. Opened Firefox, go to youtube, click video
    4. Click the "Get Flash plugin" or something like that
    5. On the Adobe screen pulldown, select ubuntu 8.01+, install
    6. Choose to save file to desktop
    7. Close Firefox
    8. double click file and install.
    9. Open Firefox and view youtube video

Thanks to all for your help. Perhaps this may have only given me basic flash capability and the line commands you all suggest improve or expand my multimedia experience?

halgar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

The long installation command in part 1 installs a lot more than just Flash Player.

The command will work if you follow the preparation section correctly and modify the line to read "hardy" instead of "intrepid". It's all mentioned there already.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-freak View Post
    Quicktime streams will work better in 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.

My commands should have removed the Helix plugins. Try searching Synaptic for any Helix package, then remove.
    Thanks for updating the guide, Win FF looks useful.

I believe I tried removing helix and it still didn't fix. Nevermind that now. Fast forward a few months, (helix is definitely gone) after I updated to Intrepid Ibex, I have ran through your tutorial again.

Quick time seems to work, though not on the apple test page
    Real player seams to work as well

My Gripe is That there isn't any of seek function if I am watching or listing to two hours of audio or video without chapters I can't skip around.

Also it appears quick time loops or leaves the last image up while this doesn't, making some quick time test pages give questionable results.
    Ubuntu On a Dell Inspiron 1525N
    I've been conned into using Linux since ~06?
    UPGRADING = <--nuff said

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I followed the guide and yet flash doesn't work. I've used your guide on previous installs and it worked fine. I'm currently using 8.10 x64. Any idea why it might not work? I'm not sure, but I may have installed the 8.04 version and never the 8.10 version, if that makes any difference.

Page 100 of 179 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast