Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logitech G300 erratic movement

Beans

Re: Logitech G300 erratic movement

How did you create a startup program? I did the xinput set-prop 11 121 0 and itworked for me as well

(I had to change mine to 11, beacuse 11 was the ID instead of 12)

How do you make like a file on linux so that it will run that code every time I turn on my pc and load linux? If you do not understand what I mean, I am asking like how you make a batch file but for Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Funny, I have the same issues with my Logitech M305. I built a fresh system, using Kubuntu 11.11. This Logitech M305 worked great until I did all my updates a few days ago. Then it started flaking out.

I would have thrown the damn mouse, but thankfully I had this EXACT same issue with another M300(M300 died pups chewed it up). The M300 issues were on LTS 10.04 which was 2 versions ago for me. This problems still exits. Qrazi's work-a-round seems to "kind-of" help my issue... My M305 seems to be skipping far less. BUT still hangs up a bit in some instances. (a plug-in usb mouse HAS NO ISSUES)

<Note: to anyone using Qrazi's instructions. Your device id may be different, you'll need to decipher the proper device ID.>

This form of mouse skipping is simply unacceptable. Whoever is the maintainer of this package needs to just relinquishment his/her responsibilities. Honestly, I could do a better job. Seriously, this mouse has been around for well over two years now. It still doesn't function properly. This is a popular store shelf mouse, it should really be a plug and play device, PERIOD NO EXCEPTIONS! This sort of crap DOES NOT sell folks on moving OS's. <Not implying this for myself, but for others new to the Linux game> As a full-time Kubuntu user on all of my systems. I am appalled bugs like this exist with relativity low priorities concerning the repair of issues important to furthering the advancement of our OS. I have every right to direct my concerns regarding this issue. I need no asinine responses regarding my firm stance on this issue.

I SAY GET IT FIXED NOW, or find new maintainers. NO EXCEPTIONS. There are plenty of folks out there like me(hardcore, and willing to help!). Let someone else take-over maintenance. PERIOD.

Beans

Hi,

the whole pupose of this mouse is it has 9 buttons configurable, does it mean that we cannot use those under linux?

No workaround to keep the keyboard side?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kamelie1706 View Post
    Hi,

the whole pupose of this mouse is it has 9 buttons configurable, does it mean that we cannot use those under linux?

No workaround to keep the keyboard side?

Hello All,

as noted on askubuntu with the command

Code:
    xinput set-mode {id} RELATIVE
    you have a full working mouse with all additional button working (tested with xev).
    The only problem you have to program your buttons on Windows. I havent tested the app on wine tho...

This is the script I use as Startup App, which extract the id from the output of xinput list :

Code:
    d@dubu:~$ cat bin/g300_xinput_mode.sh
    #!/bin/sh
    G300_XINPUT_ID=$(xinput list | egrep --color=never "G300.*keyboard" | sed -r 's/.*id=([0-9]+).*/\1/')
    xinput set-mode ${G300_XINPUT_ID} RELATIVE
    Hope it helps,
    Cheers

Beans

Great thanks!

I try to convince them to support but feeling talking to a bot/irc
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-seri.../819115#M13447

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dikkjo View Post
    The only problem you have to program your buttons on Windows. I havent tested the app on wine tho...
    I have just tried with Playonlinux and this version

• Title: Logitech Gaming Software (Current)
    • Software Version: 8.20.74
    • Post Date: 12/19/2011
    • Platform: Windows XP

Software get properly installed but of course mouse does not get detected.
    I have tried with Virtualbox/WinXP and it does not work.

Is it the correct software to setup the buttons?
    I might have to go to dual_boot solution which I could prevent so far ... just to setup a damn mouse!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Lightbulb Re: Logitech G300 erratic movement

Quote Originally Posted by Altiris View Post
    How did you create a startup program? I did the xinput set-prop 11 121 0 and itworked for me as well
    To create a startup for this fix (In Ubuntu 11.10), press the POWER SYMBOL/SPROCKET in the upper-right hand corner of the desktop. This is the symbol that you normally use to shut down your system.

Select the option "Startup Applications..."

This will open a window labeled "Startup Applications Preferences".
    Press the "Add" button to make a new startup program.
    In the COMMAND field, insert the same code that you used before
    (xinput set-prop 11 121 0). Write in your own name for the command and save it. The next time you start your system, It should work great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12