Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Sync Nokia E-series Phone with Evolution via Bluetooth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HOWTO: Sync Nokia E-series Phone with Evolution via Bluetooth

Hi xdevnull,

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. I deleted the file /usr/share/man/man1/convcard.1.gz but msynctool still wouldn't install and gives exactly the same error. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for the help and any other suggestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hey - figured out how to use the cable from this post here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hone+mount+usb

I edited the 40-permissions file in /etc/udev and I can use obexftp to move files to the phone. However, I am still having problems with sync. When I run from the gui, it stalls, when I run from the command prompt I get:

Code:
    msynctool --sync nokiaSynchronizing group "nokia" 
    The previous synchronization was unclean. Slow-syncing
    Member 1 of type evo2-sync just connected
    received event dsession
    received contact dsession
    Member 2 of type syncml-obex-client just connected
    All clients connected or error
    Received an entry pas-id-464B35D600000007 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-464B354D00000005 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD00000020 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD0000001E with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD0000000F with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD00000006 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-464B36B500000008 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AF00000052 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AE00000046 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AE0000003C with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD00000018 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-464B36FC0000000A with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-464B36D500000009 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-464B31CC00000001 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD0000001C with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AE0000002F with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an reply to our Alert
    Received an reply to our Alert
    Going to receive 0 changes
    Going to receive 0 changes
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AE00000026 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD00000023 with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry pas-id-4638B5AD0000001F with data of size
    Received an entry 20070502T160051Z-13174-1000-1-181@tiny with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry 20070502T160054Z-13174-1000-1-270@tiny with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry 20070502T160050Z-13174-1000-1-110@tiny with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Received an entry 20070502T160052Z-13174-1000-1-209@tiny with data of size 4 from member 1. Changetype ADDED
    Member 1 of type evo2-sync just sent all changes
    Member 2 of type syncml-obex-client just sent all changes
    All clients sent changes or error
    All conflicts have been reported
    Member 1 of type evo2-sync committed all changes.
    The elipses are mine - let me know if I should include all the items.

It stops there and I never get a changes committed from obex. The phone has a sync screen that just kind of sits there and says "synchronizing" but it stops there. I also noticed that the sync seemed to hang when there was a conflict. The phone reported the conflict, as did the multisync-gui. I made the selection and it went away, but not on the phone. Hmmmmm...

any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

This should be my final post. The reason I was having problems syncing is because the cursed E62 will not take monthly recurring events by the day of the week: eg. 2nd Tuesday of the month. It vomits those back. When I got rid of those the phone syncs, though I am using blue-tooth now becaue it is a bit easier. I do think, however that the USB stuff should work. Now my phone syncs, though I wish I could set up monthly meetings more easily.

Beans

Nice to see at least someone happy. My E50 still doesn't sync calendar, whatever I do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get around the problems I'm having with msynctool? I posted about this earlier and would be very grateful for any help. One of things I really miss is being able to sync my phone with my computer.

Beans

I tried installing with my N73 and got the following message:
    Synchronizing group "nokia"
    Member 1 of type evo2-sync just connected
    Member 2 of type syncml-obex-client had an error while connecting: Request not successfull: 79
    Member 1 of type evo2-sync just disconnected
    All clients have disconnected
    The sync failed: Unable to connect one of the members
    Error synchronizing: Unable to connect one of the members
    Pipe closed! Exiting.
    Pipe closed! Exiting.

I have already set my divice as trusted... so I don't know why it won't work... Please help!

Thanks,

Jason

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks for the kubuntu guide. I was able to get this working with a Nokia E61i. I got the contacts to sync correctly, and the calendar synced up, but it synced the wrong time for my appointment, but I'll live with that for now.

B
    Gateway MT6451 - AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1 gig ram, ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (200M) using fglrx 8.32.5, 80 gig Windows Vista, and 20 gig Ubuntu Feisty with ndiswrapper 1.38 for Broadcom 4311, XGL and Beryl

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Sync Nokia E-series Phone with Evolution via Bluetooth

Thanks Heaps!!! the guide was great, I never would have found the tools necessary to do it without you... but you can update it now, I'm running 64bit Kubuntu and all the files needed are in the repositories, so no need to add the non-standard ones. I successfully synced my N73, but I had to remove all my thumbnails in order to do it (no biggy, only had a few) but it stops dead if there are any! keep up the great work!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
    Thanks for the kubuntu guide. I was able to get this working with a Nokia E61i. I got the contacts to sync correctly, and the calendar synced up, but it synced the wrong time for my appointment, but I'll live with that for now.

B
    Did you ever manage to get the right times to sync? If you did, i would love to know!

Cheers

Beans

HOWTO: Sync Nokia 6682/6681/6680 Phone(s) with Evolution via Bluetooth

1. Add required repositories

Add following repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list:
    Code:

deb http://www.in.fh-merseburg.de/~jahn/opensync-0.21/ feisty main
    deb-src http://www.in.fh-merseburg.de/~jahn/opensync-0.21/ feisty main

Replace the 'feisty' with whatever distribution version you are using (edgy, dapper).

To add key for the repository, do the following:
    Code:

gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net/ --recv-keys CB210090B029CB84
    gpg --export CB210090B029CB84 | sudo apt-key add -

apt-get update and apt-get upgrade

2. Install required software
    Code:
    "sudo aptitude install libopensync0 opensyncutils msynctool mulstisync-qad bluez-passkey-gnome bluez-gnome libopensync-plugin-palm libopensync-plugin-moto libopensync-plugin-opie libopensync-plugin-kdepim libopensync-plugin-gpe libopensync-plugin-sunbird libopensync-plugin-evolution2-dev libopensync-plugin-file libopensync-plugin-google-calendar libopensync-plugin-synce libopensync-plugin-ldap libopensync-plugin-irmc libopensync-plugin-python libopensync-plugin-gnokii libopensync-plugin-evolution2 libopensync-plugin-syncml libopensync-plugin-jescs mulstisync-gui mulstisync-qad multisync"

do not install:
    // "sudo aptitude install libopensync-plugin-* libopensync0 opensyncutils msynctool mulstisync-qad //bluez-passkey-gnome bluez-gnome"

3. Configure msynctool
    You can configure opensync via a graphical interface using multisync-gui/multisync-qad (using similiar settings as below) or you can use command line. Guide below is for commandline. Note, that the commandline worked flawlessly on Feisty. You'll get even better results with GUI

Add a new group of preferred name (I'll be using nokia in this example):
    Code:

start multisync-gui and add group nokia
    click on Edit add members Evolution 2.x, and SyncML over OBEX Client

or commandline:

msynctool --addgroup nokia

Add plugins to group. If you get errors in this face, they are propably due to missing plugins so check you've installed all required plugins.
    Code:

msynctool --addmember nokia evo2-sync
    msynctool --addmember nokia syncml-obex-client

Next is the 'trickiest' part. Installed plugins need to be configured. First, you have to find your phone's MAC. Use hcitool to do that:
    Code:

hcitool scan

It should return something like:
    Code:

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx PhoneName

Now, configure the syncml-obex-client:
    Code:
    multisync-gui:Double click on evo2sync make sure Addressbook/Calendar/Tasks all have "Personal" Selected. Next: Double click on syncml-obex-client see Figure 10A below.

or Command line:
    msynctool --configure nokia 2

Replace the context of the configuration (should be open in separate editor after running previous command) with the following XML:
    Figure 10A:

<config>
    <bluetooth_address>xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx</bluetooth_address>
    <bluetooth_channel>11</bluetooth_channel>
    <interface>0</interface>
    <identifier>PC Suite</identifier>
    <version>1</version>
    <wbxml>1</wbxml>
    <username></username>
    <password></password>
    <type>2</type>
    <usestringtable>1</usestringtable>
    <onlyreplace>0</onlyreplace>
    <recvLimit>0</recvLimit>
    <maxObjSize>0</maxObjSize>
    <contact_db>Contacts</contact_db>
    <calendar_db>Calendar</calendar_db>
    <note_db>Notes</note_db>
    </config>

Where bluetooth_address is your phone's MAC address you just discovered.

After configuring the syncml-obex-client it's time to configure evo2-sync. Open configuration file with command
    Code:

skip:
    /msynctool --configure nokia 1
    /
    /And modify it to look like:
    /Code:
    /
    /
    /<?xml version="1.0"?>
    /<config>
    /<address_path>file:///home/USERNAME/.evolution/addressbook/local/system</address_path>
    /</config>

/Replace USERNAME with your username.

Feisty note: With the latest update from jahn repositories, this works with defaults. You can configure Calendar as calendar_db to syncml-obex-client setup to make calendar syncing work

4. Sync!
    You should be good to go now, so you should try synchronizing:
    Code:
    multisync-gui return to opening menu and make sure evolution is not running, next click on Refresh wait it make take some time but it should sync all contacts

I also used the Bluetooth obex client to create a bond prior to syncing.

or Command line:
    msynctool --sync nokia

Edit 2006-10-02: Notes can be extracted, but not yet to Evolution. I'm working on this

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast