Thread: 12.04 Shuts down randomly

Beans

12.04 Shuts down randomly

Laptop: Linux X200 Tablet. with Ubuntu 12.04
    Some times the laptop shutsdown randomly and displays the following screens:
    _DSC0053.jpg_DSC0052.jpg_DSC0051.jpg

Did memtest. After 5 passes I see no error at all.

One of the other supposition is that it is happening due to heat. I have occasionally had the laptop shutdown within minutes after it started up.
    I have feeling that it is happening because of sudden movements but when I test it does not seem to be so. I have no clue on what is happening. Please help.

Ravikanth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 12.04 Shuts down randomly

Did you look into the system log file after such an unexpected shutdown? The log file may contain a hint on what happened.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What are the system temperatures when it shuts down? Do you have an ATI video card?

Beans

It looks like its choking when trying to initialize your network card. Are you able to boot from a live distro by cd or usb flash drive?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 2F4U View Post
    Did you look into the system log file after such an unexpected shutdown? The log file may contain a hint on what happened.
    HOw do I look at the log file?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by user_of_gnomes View Post
    What are the system temperatures when it shuts down? Do you have an ATI video card?
    The last shut down temperatures are 47*C. I dont know if I have a ATI video card.

Quote Originally Posted by carboi82 View Post
    It looks like its choking when trying to initialize your network card. Are you able to boot from a live distro by cd or usb flash drive?
    I havent tried that but since this happens only occasionally I doubt whether i would be able to test it well.

Also, I just went to the lenovo service centre where they ran diagnostics and determined that there is no problem in the hardware.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ravikanth1988 View Post
    HOw do I look at the log file?
    Search the dash for system log, the icon should appear after about the first 3 letters..

Beans

Please find the system log file at http://paste.ubuntu.com/5794346/

The system shutdown all of a sudden at 8:39 give or take a minute. Please let me know what is happening. Thanks