Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Urban Terror 4 has been released

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Urban Terror 4 has been released

I've been experiencing a problem connecting to servers and starting my own server.

I've finally isolated the problem.

Everything works fine if I execute the program from the command line.

But when I use a launcher I made from the desktop, i get a 'failed to start BattlEye' error. I can't connect to a game or launch a server. Should I pass the program an argument in the launcher so it knows where to look for BattleEye?

GREAT game by the way. I love it. It's just like counter strike. I get a great frame rate too! I run an athlon amd xp 2000+ with 512mb ram and a Geforce3 Titanium 200 vid card.
    -----------------------------
    I ubuntu, therefore I am.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by rcatman View Post
    Everything works fine if I execute the program from the command line.

But when I use a launcher I made from the desktop, i get a 'failed to start BattlEye' error. I can't connect to a game or launch a server. Should I pass the program an argument in the launcher so it knows where to look for BattleEye?
    It seems to be a known bug...
    When scrolling down on this page to the "errors" section, you see this:
    "Couldn't load default.cfg", "invalid gamefolder", "Failed to load BattlEye" or going to q3 menu instead of Urban Terror
    In case of ioUrbanTerror: Your q3ut4-folder, BattlEye-folder and ioUrbanTerror.exe are not in the same folder. BattlEye error can also be caused by having win2k/winME/win98 and not yet having updated the .dll's (see UrT mainpage). In linux, it could be that your server is missing a certain package. In a terminal go to the BE folder and type 'ldd BEServer_i386.so' and see if it outputs something missing. Then install that

In case of Q3A: Your q3ut4-folder, PB-folder and quake3.exe are not in the same folder or you are not starting with +set fs_game q3ut4 (explained at bottom).
    On the forums, there's a thread about a similar problem, but on Win2K.
    It may be relevant though.

EDIT: on the urbanterror homepage, scroll down to "Windows 98/Me/2000 & Linux users: Critical update for BattlEye".
    Hope this will help
    There are some files you need to overwrite, in order to solve the problem.
    Last edited by bvanaerde; April 22nd, 2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: found the real problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have a problem with running UrT4. The game starts normally in full-screen, menus and navigating through them are ok but when I start server with a random level the game closes itself, drops to desktop (GNOME) and changes my resolution to lower + the mouse cursor is not moving
    Linux user #443050

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey bvanaerde,
    I went to the Urban Terror homepage and downloaded BEClient_i386.so and BEServer_i396.so thenmoved them over the old copies in the BattlEye folder. That appears to have fixed the 'failed to start BattlEye' problem I was having earlier. I just got done playing on a server. Thanks for the tip/news.
    -----------------------------
    I ubuntu, therefore I am.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by bravemosquito View Post
    I have a problem with running UrT4. The game starts normally in full-screen, menus and navigating through them are ok but when I start server with a random level the game closes itself, drops to desktop (GNOME) and changes my resolution to lower + the mouse cursor is not moving
    How are you running the game? You should be running it from the same directory the binary is in. Have you tried reinstalling it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by fakie_flip View Post
    How are you running the game? You should be running it from the same directory the binary is in. Have you tried reinstalling it?
    Installed using FAQ from the site. Downloaded UrbanTerror40_full.zip, extracted to Quake 3 dir and ran with this command line for launcher:
    /usr/local/games/quake3/quake3 +set fs_game q3ut4

where q3ut4 is Urban Terror's dir.

Sometimes game runs fine only one map and after change crashes. Sometimes crashes when loading the map
    Linux user #443050

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bvanaerde View Post
    It seems to be a known bug...
    When scrolling down on this page to the "errors" section, you see this:

On the forums, there's a thread about a similar problem, but on Win2K.
    It may be relevant though.

EDIT: on the urbanterror homepage, scroll down to "Windows 98/Me/2000 & Linux users: Critical update for BattlEye".
    Hope this will help
    There are some files you need to overwrite, in order to solve the problem.

This doesn't work for me. Same error. I even tried making them executable. No difference whatsoever.

Beans

I got everything installed and it works.... however I can only get around 25 fps.
    Tried lowering settings and nothing changed.

i get around 6000 fps on glxgears

Fiesty 64bit
    A64 3000+
    512 mb memory
    Nvidia 5500

i run steam in windows w/ around 70fps in most mp games, and would like to fix this
    Last edited by psoulocybe; April 25th, 2007 at 12:17 AM.

Beans

In my case the gameplay is choppy. The ping is ok (under 30) and the fps is at about 50/60. I don't recall what the fps was before, but up to about a week ago the gameplay was fine (i.e. completely smooth and not choppy). I have no idea what happened to change that, though. I didn't install anything, let alone any drivers of some sort.

I tried to reinstall the ATI videocard drivers, but this didn't really work since apt-get said it already was installed. I removed urban terror's installation *and* the configuration files (~/.q3a) and reinstalled. To no avail, it would seem. I even lowered all of the graphic settings. This helped a little, but it still works worse than it did a week ago.

Any thoughts on this matter?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

That's weird...
    Maybe something big is running in the background... type "top" in the CLI, and check if there's something that's eating your CPU.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast