Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Circle Magazine - issue #17 OUT NOW!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Full Circle Magazine - issue #17 OUT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Small View Post
    I even left a comment on the latest post
    But, I haven't read the entire thing yet, but it was good. I skipped right up to the C tutorial, since I just started C yesterday. I hope you continue with the C tutorials!

Dr Small
    I found this to be a good c tutorial with tests-
    http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/languages/c/p...own/cstart.htm

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

this issue has too much different with last one, new fonts, new styls. my Scribus reported every 3 min ERROR 11(i think it's fonts problem, Scribus by start reported unknow font gefunden) and crasched, and nothing was saved. Ican't input any chinese. I have tried 5 days and i can't any more. traditional chinese version has to be canceled. I don't konw, what's wrong with the file. I use the version in Ubuntu Software Source, Scribus 1.3.3.12. and 1.3.3.11, which your use, i can't find any more.
    sorry for this. wenn this problem continues, i must say, we must wait for a nother way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by qquchn View Post
    this issue has too much different with last one, new fonts, new styls. my Scribus reported every 3 min ERROR 11(i think it's fonts problem, Scribus by start reported unknow font gefunden) and crasched, and nothing was saved. Ican't input any chinese. I have tried 5 days and i can't any more. traditional chinese version has to be canceled. I don't konw, what's wrong with the file. I use the version in Ubuntu Software Source, Scribus 1.3.3.12. and 1.3.3.11, which your use, i can't find any more.
    sorry for this. wenn this problem continues, i must say, we must wait for a nother way.
    I hate to say it, but: the problem must be at your end, as I've made no changes to the template.

All I do is copy my FCM16 folder, rename it to FCM17, delete the images and start creating #17 from that FCM16 copy, so no fonts/template changes have happened recently.

Error 11 is a common Scribus error, I've seen it before too, it could mean anything, but try searching the Scribus site for 'Error 11'.

Good luck!
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    I hate to say it, but: the problem must be at your end, as I've made no changes to the template.

All I do is copy my FCM16 folder, rename it to FCM17, delete the images and start creating #17 from that FCM16 copy, so no fonts/template changes have happened recently.

Error 11 is a common Scribus error, I've seen it before too, it could mean anything, but try searching the Scribus site for 'Error 11'.

Good luck!
    did you use new fonts or new styles, which did not be used in issue 16 or before?
    could you please give me your fonts list, that you used in Issue 17. thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

did you use new fonts or new styles, which did not be used in issue 16 or before?
    could you please give me your fonts list, that you used in Issue 17. thanks.
    Nope, I didn't change any fonts. #17 was made the exact same way I make FCM each month, so I've no idea what's causing a problem with #17
    Ronnie
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    Nope, I didn't change any fonts. #17 was made the exact same way I make FCM each month, so I've no idea what's causing a problem with #17
    in the picture is all fonts, which you did use. i think something is unusual. and some objects are not in any page, can you check it in the next issue? thanks.

i have check my scribus, i find, it maybe have a problem with wqy-Zenhei.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

in the picture is all fonts, which you did use. i think something is unusual. and some objects are not in any page, can you check it in the next issue? thanks.

i have check my scribus, i find, it maybe have a problem with wqy-Zenhei.
    Yep, there ARE some objects not on pages, but that's ALWAYS been the case. They are quote icons, quote boxes and such like, that I can easily copy/paste without having to revert back to old issues. But, like I say, they've always been there...

I've no idea what 'wqy-Zenhei' is though...

Also, we just recieved the Hungarian translation of #17, they don't seem to have had any difficulties/problems with the #17 files... :/
    Last edited by ronniet; November 8th, 2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Ronnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12